Thermo Scientific Pierce 10X Western Blot Transfer Buffer, Methanol-free is a space-saving stock solution for preparing the methanol-free transfer buffer used with cooled, tank (wet) Western blotting transfer apparatus.
Pierce Concentrated Buffers are ready to use without having to weigh and dissolve dry ingredients or to adjust the pH with concentrated acid or base. Simply dilute the stock solution with pure water and proceed with your experiment. The 10X Western Blot Transfer Buffer is ready to use upon dilution to 1X with water; it does not contain methanol and the addition of methanol is not necessary for use in electrophoresis.
- Transfer Buffer – diluted 10-fold in water, the solution is ready to use for electrophoresis (i.e., wet tank transfer from mini gels)
- Easy to use – no packets to open, no powder to dissolve, and no methanol required
- Increased accuracy – eliminates the possibility of powder remaining in a packet
- Saves time – 10X concentration eliminates time spent waiting for powder to dissolve
- Saves space – storage as concentrated stock minimizes bench space needed for solutions
- Wet (tank) Western blot transfer of proteins to a membrane
Review of Western blotting
Review of transfer methods
Pierce G2 Fast Blotter (semi-dry blotter)
1-Step Transfer Buffer (for rapid semi-dry transfer)