Thermo Scientific Surfact-Amps 20 Detergent Solution is highly-purified Tween™ 20 detergent stabilized as a 10% solution in 10mL glass ampules or three sizes of HPDE-plastic bottles.
This is an easy-to-use 10% (w/v) solution of purified Tween™ 20 detergent for use in routine and high-demand protein research methods and molecular biology techniques. Tween 20 is a nonionic polyoxyethylene surfactant that is most frequently added to PBS or TBS wash buffers for ELISA, Western blotting and other immunoassay methods. Surfact-Amps Detergent Solutions (10% w/v) provide unsurpassed purity, quality and stability. Unlike neat detergents, which are extremely viscous, Surfact-Amps 10% Solutions are easy to pipette and accurately dispense. The surfactant solutions are carefully prepared and packaged under nitrogen in glass ampules or non-leaching HPDE bottles, ensuring their stability and eliminating the accumulation of peroxides and degradation products.
- Tween 20 – a popular nonionic detergent for use in immunoassay wash buffers
- Accurate – precise 10% detergent solution in ultrapure water
- Easy-to-use – solution is simple to dispense and dilute for use
- Exceptionally pure – less than 1.0µeq/mL peroxides and carbonyls
- Stable – packaged under inert nitrogen gas in glass ampules or HPDE bottles
|Chemical structure of Tween 20 detergent.
Properties of Tween 20:
- Molecular Weight: 1228g
- Detergent Class: Nonionic
- Aggregation Number: Unknown
- Micelle Molecular Weight: Unknown
- Critical Micelle Concentration (CMC): 0.06mM (0.0074%, w/v)
- Cloud Point: 95°C
- Dialyzable: No
Specifications for Tween 20 Surfact-Amps Detergent Solution:
- Visual: Clear, light yellow liquid, free of particulates.
- Concentration: 10.0 ±1.0%
- Oxidants: ≤1.0µeq/mL
- Carbonyls: ≤1.0µeq/mL
- Suspended Solids: Residue present must not exceed Residue Reference.
Review of detergents for cell lysis
Detergent Sampler Pack
Other Detergents for Protein Methods
Detergent Removal Resins