Thermo Scientific Surfact-Amps X-100 Detergent Solution is highly-purified Triton™ X-100 detergent stabilized as a 10% solution in 10mL glass ampules or three sizes of HPDE-plastic bottles.
This is an easy-to-use 10% (w/v) solution of purified Triton™ X-100 detergent for use in routine and high-demand protein research methods and molecular biology techniques. Triton X-100 is a nonionic polyoxyethylene surfactant that is most frequently used as a component of cell lysis buffers or other solutions intended to extract and solubilize proteins. Surfact-Amps Detergent Solutions (10% w/v) provide unsurpassed purity, quality and stability. Unlike neat detergents, which are extremely viscous, Surfact-Amps 10% Solutions are easy to pipette and accurately dispense. The surfactant solutions are carefully prepared and packaged under nitrogen in glass ampules or non-leaching HPDE bottles, ensuring their stability and eliminating the accumulation of peroxides and degradation products.
- Triton X-100 – a nonionic detergent for use in various protein methods
- Accurate – precise 10% detergent solution in ultrapure water
- Easy-to-use – solution is simple to dispense and dilute for use
- Exceptionally pure – less than 1.0µeq/mL peroxides and carbonyls
- Stable – packaged under inert nitrogen gas in glass ampules or HPDE bottles
|Chemical structure of Triton X-100 detergent.
Properties of Triton X-100:
- Molecular Weight: 647g
- Detergent Class: Nonionic
- Aggregation Number: 140
- Micelle Molecular Weight: 90,000g
- Critical Micelle Concentration (CMC): 0.24mM (0.0155%, w/v)
- Cloud Point: 64°C
- Dialyzable: No
Specifications for Triton X-100 Surfact-Amps Detergent Solution:
- Visual: Clear to slightly hazy, colorless solution, free of particulate matter.
- Concentration: 10.0 ±1.0%
- Oxidants: ≤1.0µeq/mL
- Carbonyls: ≤1.0µeq/mL
- Suspended Solids: Residue present must not exceed Residue Reference.
Review of detergents for cell lysis
Detergent Sampler Pack
Other Detergents for Protein Methods
Detergent Removal Resins