Thermo Scientific Pierce 20X Tris-HEPES-SDS Buffer is a space-saving stock solution used for preparing the Tris-HEPES-SDS running buffer required for gel electrophoresis (SDS-PAGE) with Thermo Scientific Precise and Pierce Precast Gels.
Pierce Concentrated Buffers are ready to use without having to weigh and dissolve dry ingredients or to adjust the pH with concentrated acid or base. Simply dilute the stock solution with pure water and proceed with your experiment. The 20X Tris-HEPES-SDS Buffer makes 0.1M Tris, 0.1M HEPES, 3mM SDS, pH 8, when diluted to 1X with water. HEPES is 4-(2-hydroxyethyl)-1-piperazineethanesulfonic acid.
- Tris-HEPES-SDS buffer – diluted 20-fold in water, the solution yields 0.1M Tris, 0.1M HEPES, 3mM SDS, pH 8
- Easy to use – no packets to open and no powder to dissolve
- Increased accuracy – eliminates the possibility of powder remaining in a packet
- Saves time – 20X concentration eliminates time spent waiting for powder to dissolve
- Saves space – storage as concentrated stock minimizes bench space needed for solutions
- Running buffer for SDS-PAGE with Thermo Scientific Precise Precast Gels
Precise Tris-HEPES Gels (precast mini gels)