Assay nitric oxide (NO) composition and total as separate values of nitrate (NO3-) and nitrite (NO2-) levels in urine, saliva, plasma, serum and other biological fluids with our Thermo Scientific Nitric Oxide Assay Kit.
This nitric oxide assay kit is for quantitative determination of nitrite (NO2-) and nitrate (NO3-) in biological fluids. The kit uses the enzyme nitrate reductase to convert nitrate to nitrite. Nitrite is then detected as a colored azo dye product of the Griess reaction that absorbs visible light at 540nm. Total nitric oxide (NO) contributed by nitrate and nitrite in a system is measured as nitrite after converting all nitrate to nitrite.
- Target: total nitric oxide (NO) contributed by the sum of nitrite (NO2-) and nitrate (NO3-)
- Format: colorimetric stain (azo dye) for clear 96-well plates
- Measurement: absorbance at 540nm (±20nm)
- Assay Range: 3.1 to 100μM
- Precision: dependent upon several factors (generally, intra- and inter-assay CV ≤ 5%)
- Sample Types: urine, saliva, plasma, serum and other biological fluids
- Total Assay Time: 45 minutes
- Sample Size: 50μL
Complete kit contains Griess reagents, nitrite and nitrate standards, nitrate reductase, NADH, and diluents.
In this kit, all of the nitrate in a sample is converted to nitrite using nitrate reductase enzyme and the total amount of nitrite (pre-existing nitrite plus nitrate that was converted) is measured. The kit contains sufficient reagents for 192 determinations of nitrite and is designed for researchers looking for the overall concentration of nitric oxide in each sample.
This product is for In Vitro experimental use only. Not for resale without express authorization.