Assay total MEK-1 (pan MAPK-ERK kinase 1, MEK1 + phosho-MEK1) levels in cell lysates of human, mouse, and rat origin with our Thermo Scientific Total MEK-1 ELISA Kit.
This MEK1 ELISA kit is an immunoassay for the quantitative determination of pan or total MEK1 in cell lysates. A recombinant phosphorylated MEK1 standard is provided in the kit. The kit uses a monoclonal antibody to MEK1 precoated in a microplate to bind the MEK1 in the standards or samples. After a short incubation the excess sample or standard is washed out and a MEK1/2 detection antibody is added. This antibody binds to the MEK1 captured on the plate. After a short incubation the excess antibody is washed out and secondary conjugate is added, which binds to the MEK1/2 detection antibody. Excess conjugate is washed out and substrate is added. After a short incubation, the enzyme reaction is stopped and the color generated is read at 450nm. The measured optical density is directly proportional to the concentration of MEK1 in either standards or samples.
- Target: total MEK-1 (pan MAPK-ERK kinase 1, MEK1 + pMEK1)
- Format: colorimetric ELISA (TMB substrate) in clear 96-well strip plate
- Measurement: absorbance at 450nm minus absorbance at 550nm
- Assay Range: 312.5 to 10,000pg/mL
- Sensitivity: < 139pg/mL
- Precision: dependent upon sample type and level (see instructions)
- Sample Types: cell lysates of human, mouse, and rat origin
- Total Assay Time: 3 hours
- Sample Size: 100μL
- Specificity: no significant cross-reaction with phospho-JNK, ERK2, GSK-3b and p38; approx. 17% cross-reaction with phospho-MEK2.
|Video of the Thermo Scientific Total MEK-1 ELISA Kit
Complete kit contains pre-coated antibody-plate, detection antibodies, buffers, standard, substrate, and stop solution.