Thermo Scientific Pierce TMEA is a trifunctional crosslinker containing three reactive maleimide groups to enable three-way conjugation and polymerization of sulfhydryl-containing molecules.
- Reactive groups: maleimide (both ends)
- Reactive towards: sulfhydryl groups
- 3-way, sulfhydryl-to-sulfhydryl crosslinker; tris (2-maleimidoethyl) amine, composed of three maleimide groups on short spacer arms
- Water-insoluble – dissolve first in DMF or DMSO, then add to aqueous reaction buffers
- Useful for the preparation of trimeric complexes of cysteine-containing peptides and other thiol-containing compounds
- Core molecule for the construction of dendritic polymers
|Chemical structure of TMEA crosslinking reagent.
Crosslinker Application Guide -- search for recent literature references for this product
Overview of crosslinking
Chemistry of crosslinking
Crosslinkers at a glance (selection guide)
TSAT (trifunctional amine-reactive crosslinker)