The Thermo Scientific Pierce Tissue Strainer fits standard 15mL conical tubes for quick separation of cells or cell lysate from tissue debris through a 250µm mesh filter after mechanical disruption using gravity or gentle centrifugation.
The easy-to-use Pierce Tissue Strainers are made of strong nylon and enable rapid isolation cells or uniform protein extracts from up to 2.5mL of tissue sample per load. The tissue strainers fit into standard 15mL conical tubes, making the processing and recovery of samples simple and reliable.
- Convenient – remove tissue debris from tissue homogenate within minutes using gravity filtration or gentle centrifugation
- Compatible – unique design fits into standard 15mL conical tubes
- Versatile – remove debris from a variety of tissues types, including liver, heart, brain, kidney, lung and spleen
|Video of Pierce Tissue Strainers in action!
- Use with the Subcellular Protein Fractionation Kit for Tissues and other protein extraction reagent protocols that start with tissue samples.
- Improve uniformity of tissue homogenates to facilitate sample handling.
- Protect downstream instrumentation and devices by removing tissue clumps and debris that may foul injection ports and columns.
Review of cell lysis and protein extraction
Subcellular Protein Fractionation Kit for Tissue
Mitochondiral Isolation Kit for Tissue
N-PER Neuronal Protein Protein Extraction Reagent
NE-PER Nuclear and Cytoplasmic Protein Protein Extraction Reagent
T-PER Tissue Protein Protein Extraction Reagent