Thermo Scientific Pierce Premium Grade TCEP-HCl is our highest quality formulation of this disulfide reducing agent, specially characterized for applications where product integrity and risk minimization are paramount.
Compared to the standard grade product, Premium Grade SPDP provides more clearly defined quality and product support by including (a) increased analytical testing and product characterization, (b) greater batch-specific information and quality assurance review, (c) extensive lot sample retention and (d) change control notification. TCEP-HCl is pure, crystalline Tris(2-carboxyethyl)phosphine hydrochloride, a thiol-free compound that is highly effective at reducing protein and peptide disulfide bonds, as well as being odorless and stable. TCEP selectively and completely reduces even the most stable water-soluble alkyl disulfides over a wide pH range.
- TCEP – a thiol-free, odorless yet potent reducing agent for cleaving disulfide bonds
- High quality – identity and purity confirmed by several tests, including quantitative NMR
- Product integrity – enhanced level of testing and characterization compared to standard grade
- Lot retention – ample supply of past lots retained to ensure future process testing
- Change management – Change Control Notification (CCN) service
- Consistent manufacture – batch-specific manufacturing documentation review
Advantages of TCEP-HCl over other reducing agents:
- Odorless – Unlike DTT or BME, TCEP is odor-free, so reductions can be carried out conveniently on the bench top.
- Stable in air – The inherent stability of the TCEP moiety eliminates the need for any special precautions to avoid oxidation when handling, using or storing TCEP.
- Efficient – For most applications, 5 to 50mM TCEP provides sufficient molar excess to effectively reduce peptide or protein disulfide bonds within a few minutes at room temperature.
- Compatible – With TCEP, removal of the reducing agent is not necessary prior to most applications, (e.g. histidine-tagged protein purification, maleimide conjugations).
Specifications of Premium Grade TCEP·HCl. We manufacture TCEP·HCl to the highest possible level of quality to ensure the integrity of your data and to provide you with the highest degree of consistency.
||Premium Grade Specification
||Greater than 95% by quantitative NMR using an internal standard (the highest standard for crosslinker purity)
||Snow white crystalline solid, free of foreign material
||Dissolves at 310 g/L in DI water to give a clear, colorless solution
||IR scan shows only peaks characteristic of the structure and functional groups of TCEP-HCl
||TCEP-HCl reduces ≥ 90% of DNTB
||Karl Fischer titration, ≤ 2%
||All metals, including lead, ≤ 50 ppm
||Reported values for C, H, N, O, and S
Overview of crosslinking and protein modification
Overview of protein electrophoresis
Premium Grade Reagents – complete menu
TCEP-HCl (standard grade)
Bond-Breaker TCEP Solution
Immobilized TCEP Disulfide Reducing Gel
All Disulfide Reducing Agents
Ellman’s Reagent – measure sulfhydryls