Thermo Scientific Pierce 10X TBE Buffer is a space-saving stock solution that is ideal for casting and preparing Tris-Borate-EDTA (pH 8.3) running buffer used for agarose and polyacrylamide gel electrophoresis of nucleic acids.
Pierce Concentrated Buffers are ready to use without having to weigh and dissolve dry ingredients or to adjust the pH with concentrated acid or base. Simply dilute the stock solution with pure water and proceed with your experiment. The 10X TBE Buffer (Tris-borate-EDTA) makes 0.089M Tris, 0.089M borate, 2mM EDTA, pH 8.2 to 8.4, when diluted to 1X with water.
- TBE buffer – diluted 10-fold in water, the solution yields 0.089M Tris, 0.089M borate, 2mM EDTA, pH 8.2 to 8.4
- Easy to use – no packets to open and no powder to dissolve
- Increased accuracy – eliminates the possibility of powder remaining in a packet
- Saves time – 10X concentration eliminates time spent waiting for powder to dissolve
- Saves space – storage as concentrated stock minimizes bench space needed for solutions
- Agarose gel electrophoresis for analysis of nucleic acids