Thermo Scientific Pierce 20X TAE Buffer is a space-saving stock solution that is ideal for casting and preparing Tris-Acetate EDTA (pH 8.3) running buffer used for agarose gel electrophoresis of nucleic acids.
Pierce Concentrated Buffers are ready to use without having to weigh and dissolve dry ingredients or to adjust the pH with concentrated acid or base. Simply dilute the stock solution with pure water and proceed with your experiment. The 20X TAE Buffer (Tris-acetate-EDTA) makes 0.04M Tris, 0.04M acetate, 1mM EDTA, pH 8.2 to 8.4, when diluted to 1X with water.
- TAE buffer – diluted 20-fold in water, the solution yields 0.04M Tris, 0.04M acetate, 1mM EDTA, pH 8.2 to 8.4
- Easy to use – no packets to open and no powder to dissolve
- Increased accuracy – eliminates the possibility of powder remaining in a packet
- Saves time – 20X concentration eliminates time spent waiting for powder to dissolve
- Saves space – storage as concentrated stock minimizes bench space needed for solutions
- Casting and running buffer for agarose gel electrophoresis of nucleic acids