Thermo Scientific SuperSignal ELISA Femto Maximum Sensitivity Substrate is formulated for superior protein detection and low-end linearity in chemiluminescent ELISA applications.
SuperSignal ELISA Substrate uses an improved enhancer system that meets the needs of high throughput screening and diagnostic assays. Researchers looking for greater sensitivity in their ELISAs or any other solution-based assay are now able to use chemiluminescent substrates for enzyme detection and quantification. These ELISAs can take place in either a test tube or a microplate and are quantified by measuring relative light units (RLU) in a luminometer.
- Immediate light generation – intense signal generated immediately at both room temperature and 37°C; emits light at 425nm
- Improved low-end linearity – easy detection of low quantities of proteins with high signal:noise ratios and low-end linearity of dose response curves
- High sensitivity – femtogram-level detection of target proteins in an ELISA
- Reduction in assay time – high sensitivity allows for reduction in ELISA incubation steps
- Stability – storage for six months at room temperature or a minimum of 12 months at 4°C with a six-hour working solution stability
The rapid signal generation produced by SuperSignal ELISA Femto Maximum Sensitivity Substrate has the added benefit of decreasing the substrate incubation period. SuperSignal ELISA Femto Substrate generates detectable light within one minute of addition to trace amounts of soluble HRP, saving up to 30 minutes per assay. This feature makes SuperSignal ELISA Femto Substrate ideal for high-throughput screening (HTS) applications in which as many as 100,000 assays may be run daily on robotic equipment. As incubation periods are often a limiting factor in the development of rapid automated assays, SuperSignal ELISA Femto Maximum Sensitivity Substrate is the logical choice for automated HTS applications.
|Femtogram Detection of Target Protein and Superior Low-End Linerarity. The dose response curve generated from an IL-2 ELISA illustrates the exceptional low-end linearity achieved with Thermo Scientific SuperSignal ELISA Femto Substrate and the incredible sensitivity attainable. The SuperSignal ELISA Femto Substrate detected down to 168fg of Interleukin-2. The R 2 value of the curve was calculated to be 1.00 for signal generated at less than 1600fg of IL-2.
|Signal Intensity and kinetics comparison of chemiluminescent substrates. The dose response curve using Thermo Scientific SuperSignal ELISA Femto Maximum Sensitivity Substrate in an IL-2 ELISA was compared to curves generated with a dioxetane-based substrate, another luminol-based substrate, an acridan-based system and TMB. SuperSignal ELISA Femto Maximum Sensitivity Substrate demonstrated immediate light generation with maximum peak intensity and high RLU values.
Incubation time required to reach maximum signal at room temperature
|SuperSignal ELISA Femto Maximum Sensitivity Substrate
|SuperSignal ELISA Pico Chemiluminescent Substrate
|Dioxetane-based Substrate System
|Acridan-based Substrate System
|TMB Colorimetric Substrate
- Schwake, M., et. al. EMBO Reports. 4: 76-81.
- Bakker, A.C., et. al. Gene Therapy. 8: 1785-93.
- Altier, C., et. al. (2002). J. Biol. Chem. 277: 33598-603.
- Via, C.S., et. al. (2001). J Immunol. 167: 6821-6.
- Masri, H.P. and Cornellissen, C.N. (2002). Infect. Immun. 70: 732-40.
- Hanley, N.R.S. and Hensler, J.G. (2002). J. Pharmacol. Exp. Ther. 300: 468-77.
- Su, S.V., et al. (2004). J. Biol. Chem. 279(18): 19122-132.
- Brandt, E.B., et al. (2003). J. Clin. Invest. 112: 1666-77.
Assay development and ELISA technical guide
ELISA substrate selection guide
SuperSignal ELISA Pico Chemiluminescent Substrate