Thermo Scientific Pierce Sulfo-LC-SPDP is a water-soluble, long-chain crosslinker for amine-to-sulfhydryl conjugation via NHS-ester and pyridyldithiol reactive groups that form cleavable (reducible) disulfide bonds with cysteines.
Sulfo-LC-SPDP is Sulfosuccinimidyl 6-(3'-[2-pyridyldithio]-propionamido)hexanoate, a heterobifunctional, thiol-cleavable and membrane impermeable crosslinker. It contains an amine-reactive N-hydroxysuccinimide (NHS) ester that will react with lysine residues to form a stable amide bond. The other end of the spacer arm is terminated in the pyridyl disulfide group that will react with sulfhydryls to form a reversible disulfide bond.
- Reactive groups: NHS ester and pyridyldithiol
- Reactive towards: amino and sulfhydryl groups
- Releases a detectable by-product when reacted with a free sulfhydryl group; by measuring the release of pyridine-2-thione at 343 nm, the reaction can be easily followed
- Water soluble, sulfo-NHS ester reacts rapidly with any primary amine-containing molecule
- Disulfide bond in the spacer arm is readily cleaved by 10-50mM DTT or TCEP at pH 8.5
- Spacer arm is also easily cleaved using reducing SDS-PAGE sample loading buffer
- Cleavable crosslinker allows separation of crosslinked products
- Sulfo-LC-SPDP crosslinker is not membrane permeable, allowing cell surface labeling
- Compare to other varieties of SPDP-type reagents, including pegylated forms
- Reversible crosslinking of proteins
- Adding sulfhydryl groups to proteins by attachment to lysine residues
- Protein crosslinking to create antibody-enzyme and other bioconjugates via a two-step reaction
- Attaching haptens to carrier proteins for antibody production
- Preparing immunotoxin conjugates
|Chemical structure of Sulfo-LC-SPDP crosslinking reagent.
Properties of Sulfo-LC-SPDP.
|Spacer arm length
||-20°C, protect from moisture, use only fresh solutions
||Sulfo-NHS ester, reacts with primary amines
||Pyridyl disulfide, reacts with sulfhydryls
We manufacture Sulfo-LC-SPDP to the highest specifications to produce the most specific bioconjugates, ensure the integrity of your data and to provide you with the highest degree of consistency. Each lot of Sulfo-LC-SPDP is tested to meet the following minimum specifications.
- Identity: IR scan shows only peaks characteristic of the structure and functional groups of Sulfo-LC-SPDP crosslinker
- Solubility: ≥ 95mg/mL in DI water
- Purity: ≥ 90% by quantitative NMR (the highest standard for crosslinker purity)
- Carlsson, J., et al. (1978) Biochem. J. 173, 723-737.
- Stan, R.V. (2004) Am. J. Physio.l Heart Circ. Physiol. 286, H1347-H1353.
- Mader, C., et al. (2004) J. Bacteriol.186, 1758-1768.
Crosslinker Application Guide -- search for recent literature references for this product
Overview of crosslinking
Chemistry of crosslinking
Crosslinkers at a glance (selection guide)
Other SPDP-type Reagents