Thermo Scientific Pierce Sulfo-KMUS is a water-soluble amine-to-sulfhydryl crosslinker that contains NHS-ester and maleimide reactive groups at opposite ends of a long spacer arm (16.3 angstroms).
- Reactive groups: sulfo-NHS ester and maleimide
- Reactive toward: amino and sulfhydryl groups
- Long aliphatic spacer arm compared to Sulfo-GMBS
- Sulfo-NHS ester reacts with primary amines at pH 7-9, forming a stable amide bond
- Maleimide reacts with -SH groups at pH 6.5-7.5, forming a stable thioether bond
|Chemical structure of Sulfo-KMUS crosslinking reagent.
- Fujiwara, K., et al. (1988). Sandwich enzyme immunoassay of tumor-associa- ted antigen sialosylated Lewis (x) using β-D-galactosidase coupled to a monoclonal antibody of IgM isotype. J. Immunol. Methods. 112, 77-83.
Crosslinker Application Guide -- search for recent literature references for this product
Overview of crosslinking
Chemistry of crosslinking
Crosslinkers at a glance (selection guide)