Thermo Scientific Pierce Sulfo-GMBS is a water-soluble amine-to-sulfhydryl crosslinker that contains NHS-ester and maleimide reactive groups at opposite ends of a short spacer arm (7.3 angstroms).
- Reactive groups: sulfo-NHS ester and maleimide
- Reactive towards: amino and sulfhydryl groups
- Water-soluble (compare to GMBS)
- Has a low potential for illiciting crosslinker immune response, ensuring that the primary response to the antigen-carrier protein conjugate is not diluted by a response against a determinant on the crosslinker
- GMBS and Sulfo-GMBS are reported to be less immunogenic than SMCC
|Chemical structure of Sulfo-GMBS crosslinking reagent.
- Fujiwara, K., et al. (1988). Sandwich enzyme immunoassay of tumor-associated antigen sialosylated Lewis (x) using β-D-galactosidase coupled to a monoclonal antibody of IgM isotype. J. Immunol. Meth. 112, 77-83.
Crosslinker Application Guide -- search for recent literature references for this product
Overview of crosslinking
Chemistry of crosslinking
Crosslinkers at a glance (selection guide)