Thermo Scientific Pierce Sulfo-EMCS is a water-soluble amine-to-sulfhydryl crosslinker that contains NHS-ester and maleimide reactive groups at opposite ends of a medium-length spacer arm (9.4 angstroms).
- Reactive groups: sulfo-NHS ester and maleimide
- Reactive towards: amino and sulfhydryl groups
- Sulfo-NHS ester end couples with primary amines at pH 7-9 to form stable amide bonds
- Maleimide reacts with -SH groups at pH 6.5-7.5, forming stable thioether linkages
- Water-soluble (compare to EMCS)
- Aliphatic spacer offers low potential for eliciting an immune response
|Chemical structure of Sulfo-EMCS crosslinking reagent.
- Fujiwara, K., et al. (1988). J. Immunol. Methods 112, 77-83.
- Peeters, J.M., et al. (1989). J. Immunol. Methods 120, 133-143.
Crosslinker Application Guide -- search for recent literature references for this product
Overview of crosslinking
Chemistry of crosslinking
Crosslinkers at a glance (selection guide)