Thermo Scientific Pierce Sulfo-EGS is a water-soluble crosslinker that contains amine-reactive sulfo-NHS-ester ends around a 12-atom spacer arm, which can be cleaved by treatment with hydroxylamine at pH 8.5.
- Reactive groups: sulfo-NHS ester (both ends)
- Reactive towards: amino groups (primary amines)
- Water-soluble; compare to EGS
- Membrane-impermeable, allowing for cell surface labeling
- Crosslinks formed are reversible at pH 8.5 using hydroxylamine for 3 to 6 hours at 37°C
- Lactose dehydrogenase retained 60% of its activity after reversible crosslinking with EGS
|Chemical structure of Sulfo-EGS crosslinking reagent.
- Browning, J. and Ribolini, A. (1989). Studies on the differing effects of tumor necrosis factor and lymphotoxin on the growth of several human tumor lines. J. Immunol. 143, 1859-1867. (EGS example)
- Dihazi, G.H. and Sinz, A. (2003). Rapid Commun. Mass Spectrom. 17, 2005-2014.
- Sinz, A. (2003). J. Mass Spectrom. 38, 1225-1237.
Crosslinker Application Guide -- search for recent literature references for this product
Overview of crosslinking
Chemistry of crosslinking
Crosslinkers at a glance (selection guide)
EGS (membrane permeable)