Thermo Scientific Pierce Premium Grade SPDP is our highest quality formulation of this pyridyldithiol-based amine-to-sulfhydryl crosslinker, specially characterized for applications where product integrity and risk minimization are paramount.
Compared to the standard grade product, Premium Grade SPDP provides more clearly defined quality and product support by including (a) increased analytical testing and product characterization, (b) greater batch-specific information and quality assurance review, (c) extensive lot sample retention and (d) change control notification. SPDP is N-succinimidyl 3-(2-pyridyldithio)-propionate, a crosslinker for amine-to-sulfhydryl conjugation that forms cleavable (reducible) disulfide bonds with cysteine sulfhydryls. At one end is an N-hydroxysuccinimide (NHS) ester that will react with a primary amine to form a stable amide bond. At the other end is a pyridyl disulfide group that will react with a sulfhydryl group to form a reversible disulfide bond.
- SPDP – a disulfide crosslinker for reversible (reducible) amine-to-sulfhydryl conjugation
- High quality – identity and purity confirmed by several tests, including quantitative NMR
- Product integrity – enhanced level of testing and characterization compared to standard grade
- Lot retention – ample supply of past lots retained to ensure future process testing
- Change management – Change Control Notification (CCN) service
- Consistent manufacture – batch-specific manufacturing documentation review
- Reversible crosslinking of proteins
- Adding sulfhydryl groups to proteins by attachment to lysine residues
- Protein crosslinking to create antibody-enzyme and other bioconjugates via a two-step reaction
- Attaching haptens to carrier proteins for antibody production
- Preparing immunotoxin conjugates
|Chemical structure of SPDP crosslinking reagent. For more complete information about the chemical properties and uses of this reagent, see the product page for standard grade SPDP.
Specifications of Premium Grade SPDP. We manufacture crosslinking reagents to ensure the highest possible overall product integrity, consistency and performance for the intended research applications.
||Premium Grade Specification
||Greater than 95% by quantitative NMR using an internal standard (the highest standard for crosslinker purity);
Greater than 92% by HPLC
||White powder, free of foreign material
||Molecular weight of 312 m/z by mass spectrometry
||Karl Fischer titration, ≤ 2%
||All metals, including lead, ≤ 50 ppm
||Reported values for C, H, N, O, and S
Crosslinker Application Guide -- search for recent literature references for this product
Overview of crosslinking
Chemistry of crosslinking
Premium Grade Reagents – complete menu
Other SPDP-type Reagents (including standard grade SPDP)
Crosslinkers at a glance (selection guide)
Currently available by special order only.
Please contact our Large Volume and Custom Sales Department:
815-968-0747 ext. 300 or +800-874-3723 ext. 300