Thermo Scientific Pierce SMPT is a long-chain crosslinker for amine-to-sulfhydryl conjugation via NHS-ester and pyridyldithiol reactive groups that form strong (hindered) yet cleavable (reducible) disulfide bonds with cysteine sulfhydryls.
- Reactive groups: NHS ester and pyridyldithiol
- Reactive towards: amino and sulfhydryl groups
- Cleavable with disulfide reducing agents
- Water-insoluble (dissolve first in DMF or DMSO)
- Contains a hindered disulfide bond; has formed immunotoxins with improved stability
- In vitro, an SMPT conjugate was as effective as conjugates formed with SPDP and 2-IT
- Compare to other varieties of SPDP-type reagents, including pegylated forms
|Chemical structure of SMPT crosslinking reagent.
Crosslinker Application Guide -- search for recent literature references for this product
Overview of crosslinking
Chemistry of crosslinking
Crosslinkers at a glance (selection guide)
Other SPDP-type Reagents