Thermo Scientific Pierce SMPB is an amine-to-sulfhydryl crosslinker that contains NHS-ester and maleimide reactive groups at opposite ends of a medium-length aromatic spacer arm (11.6 angstroms).
- Reactive groups: NHS ester and maleimide
- Reactive towards: amino and sulfhydryl groups
- Extended chain analog of MBS
- Water-insoluble (dissolve first in DMF or DMSO)
- Conjugates formed with SMPB are more stable in serum than SPDP conjugates
|Chemical structure of SMPB crosslinking reagent.
Crosslinker Application Guide -- search for recent literature references for this product
Overview of crosslinking
Chemistry of crosslinking
Crosslinkers at a glance (selection guide)