Thermo Scientific Slide-A-Lyzer Dialysis Cassettes (2K MWCO) facilitate simple and effective removal of buffer salts and small contaminants from proteins and other macromolecules that are larger than 2000 daltons.
Available in four different cassette sizes to accommodate sample volumes between 0.2 and 30mL, these devices are easier to use than traditional dialysis tubing, providing both faster buffer exchange and more complete sample recovery. Slide-A-Lyzer Cassettes can be used for a wide range of applications including low molecular-weight contaminant removal, buffer exchange, desalting, equilibrium dialysis, and sample concentration. Liquid samples are easily added and removed by penetrating the self-sealing gasket with a hypodermic needle attached to a syringe. No knots, clips or caps are needed to seal the units and prevent leaking and sample-loss during the dialysis procedure.
- Easy to use – no knots or clamps are needed; just inject sample into cassette and begin dialysis
- Fast dialysis – flat cassette chamber with two membranes provides high surface-area to volume ratio that maximizes diffusion rate compared to cylindrical dialysis tubing
- High recovery – rectangular cassette design maximizes recovery of entire sample volume via any one of the four corner injection ports
- Four cassette sizes – select the cassette that best suits your sample volume
- Color-coded – blue cassette frame specifies cassettes with the 2000 MW pore size membrane
|Video of the Slide-A-Lyzer Cassette in action!
2K Dialysis Membrane Specifications:
- Composition: Regenerated cellulose synthesized by the Viscose method
- Thickness: Approx. 2mil (50µm)
- Hydration Required Before Use: 2 minutes
- Glycerol Content: None
- Sulfur Content: 0.17%
- Heavy Metals Content: Trace
Slide-A-Lyzer Dialysis Cassettes are constructed from two sheets of low-binding, regenerated-cellulose dialysis membrane that are hermetically sealed on either side of a silicone-like gasket inside an inert plastic frame. The membrane and cassette materials are compatible with most common laboratory chemicals and buffers.
|1. Insert syringe needle through the gasket via one of the corner ports. Inject the sample, withdraw the excess air and remove the syringe.
||2. Attach a float buoy and dialyze. (Buoys also serve as convenient bench-top stands for the cassettes.)
||3. Insert empty syringe needle at a second corner port. Inject air to expand the cassette chamber, then withdraw the dialyzed sample.
Slide-A-Lyzer Dialysis Cassette procedure summary. The particular cassette model shown here is the 10K MWCO (orange), 3-12mL model. Syringes and float-buoys are available separately.
- Ayalew, S., Confer, A.W., and Blackwood, E.R. (2004) Characterization of immunodominant and potentially protective epitopes of Mannheimia haemolytica serotype 1 outer membrane lipoprotein PlpE. Infec. Immunity 72(12), 7265-7274.
- Gembitsky, D.S. et al. (2004) A prototype antibody microarray platform to monitor changes in protein tyrosine phosphorylation. Mol. Cell. Proteomics 3, 1102-1118.
- Albarran, B., To, R., and Stayton, P.S. (2005) A TAT-streptavidin fusion protein directs uptake of biotinylated cargo into mammalian cells. Protein Engineering, Design, & Selection 18(3), 147-152.
- Cole, N.B. et al. (2005) Metal-catalyzed oxidation of alpha-synuclein. J. Biol. Chem. 280(10), 9678-9690.
- Li, R. et al. (2005) The protein phosphatases of Synechocystis sp. Strain PCC 6803: open reading frames sll1033 and sll1387 encode enzymes that exhibit both protein-serine and protein-tyrosine phosphatase activity in vitro. J. Bacteriol. 187(17), 5877-5884.
- McGee, D.J. et al. (2005) Helicobacter pylori thioredoxin is an arginase chaperone and guardian against oxidative and nitrosative stresses. J. Biol. Chem. 281(6), 3290-3296.
- Moreland, R.J. et al. (2005) Lysosomal acid alpha-glucosidase consists of four different peptides processed from a single chain precursor. J. Biol. Chem. 280(8), 6780-6791.
- Polster, B.M. et al. (2005) Calpain I induces cleavage and release of apoptosis-inducing factor from isolated mitochondria. J. Biol. Chem. 280(8), 6447-6454.
- Torres, M. et al. (2005) Variable-region-identical antibodies differing in isotype demonstrate differences in fine specificity and idiotype. J. Immunol. 174, 2132-2142.
- Yang, G. et al. (2005) Activation-induced deaminase cloning, localization, and protein extraction from young VH-mutant rabbit appendix. Proc. Natl. Acad. Sci. 102(47), 17083-17088.
Slide-A-Lyzer Dialysis Cassette FAQ's
Slide-A-Lyzer Dialysis Cassette dimensions
Perform labeling and other reactions in the Slide-A-Lyzer Cassette
Review of dialysis methods for protein research (and Technical Handbook)
Accessories for Slide-A-Lyzer Dialysis Cassettes – syringes, floats, etc.
Other Slide-A-Lyzer Cassettes – 2K, 3.5K, 7K, 10K, 20K membranes
G2 Slide-A-Lyzer Dialysis Cassettes – self-floating, pipette-loadable!
All Dialysis Products – Selection Guide