Thermo Scientific Pierce SIA is a very short (1.5 angstrom) crosslinker for amine-to-sulfhydryl conjugation via N-hydroxysuccinimide (NHS) ester and iodoacetyl reactive groups.
- Reactive groups: NHS ester and iodoacetyl
- Reactive toward: amino and sulfhydryl groups
- Shortest sulfhydryl-reactive and amine-reactive heterobifunctional crosslinker available; compare to SIAB
- NHS ester reacts with primary amines at pH 7-9 to form a stable amide bond
- Iodoacetyl group reacts with sulfhydryl groups at pH > 7.5 to form stable thioether bond
- Water-insoluble (dissolve first in DMF or DMSO)
|Chemical structure of SIA crosslinking reagent.
- Thorpe, P.E., et al. (1984). Blockade of the galactose-binding sites of ricin by its linkage to antibody. Specific cytotoxic effects of the conjugates. Eur. J. Biochem 140, 63-71.
- Rector, E.S., et al. (1978). A method for the preparation of protein-protein conjugates of predetermined composition. J. Immunol. Methods 24, 321-336.
Crosslinker Application Guide -- search for recent literature references for this product
Overview of crosslinking
Chemistry of crosslinking
Crosslinkers at a glance (selection guide)