Thermo Scientific Pierce Saturated Ammonium Sulfate Solution is formulated and ready to use for simple immunoglobulin, antibody, or other protein fractionation applications based on selective precipitation, which is also called salting out.
The saturated ammonium sulfate solution (4.32M) enables removal of abundant proteins from serum, cell culture supernatant and ascites fluid. Slowly adding the solution to a protein sample results in decreased protein solubility and eventual protein precipitation as the charged ammonium sulfate ions compete with protein for water interaction. High molecular weight proteins, such as antibodies, are among the first to precipitate. When used in combination with antibody purification methods such as affinity chromatography, ammonium sulfate precipitation is ideal for achieving highly purified antibody samples.
- Convenient – solution is ready to use; no preparation required
- Concentrates – recover antibody in 100mL from more than 1L of cell culture supernatant
- Improves purity – partial-purification of antibodies by ammonium sulfate precipitation greatly improves the final purity that can be obtained with affinity purification
- Extends column life – using pre-purified antibody samples instead of crude samples enables affinity columns to be used for many more cycles
- Compatible – ammonium sulfate is easily removed by dialysis or desalting columns, eliminating any obstacles to downstream methods
- Versatile – use for precipitating immunoglobulins or "salting out" fractions of other sample types
Review of antibody purification methods
Melon Gel Monoclonal IgG Purification Kit (for culture supernatant and ascites)
Melon Gel IgG Purification Kit (for serum samples)
Protein A, Protein G and other IgG purification resins