Thermo Scientific Restore PLUS Western Blot Stripping Buffer is an advanced formula for removing bound primary and secondary antibodies from membranes so they can be reprobed and detected with chemiluminescent substrates.
Restore PLUS Buffer is an alternative formulation of the original Thermo Scientific Restore Western Blot Stripping Buffer. Restore PLUS Stripping Buffer was designed for use with antibodies that are difficult to remove from Western blots and require longer incubation times or incubation temperatures greater than 22°C with gentler formulations. High-affinity antibodies can be quickly and effectively stripped from Western blots at room temperature without removing transferred proteins, thereby allowing multiple reprobes of the target.
- Ready and easy to use – no dilution necessary; no offensive odors; store at room temperature
- Compatible – use on nitrocellulose and PVDF membranes, whether still wet or already dry; works with practically any blocking buffer, enzyme conjugate and chemiluminescent substrate
- Cost effective – save valuable time and samples; strip blots effectively the first time
- Robust yet gentle – transferred proteins remain viable; strip the same blot up to five times
- Flexible – strip and reprobe to optimize antibody concentrations or to detect a new antigen with different antibodies
|Thermo Scientific Restore PLUS Western Blot Stripping Buffer is most effective for reprobing with different antibodies. HeLa cell lysate was probed for actin and detected with Thermo Scientific Pierce ECL Substrate (Original panel). Blots were then stripped with either Restore PLUS Stripping Buffer or other suppliers’ stripping buffers (Stripped panel). The blots were then re-blocked and reprobed for cyclophilin B and detected with Pierce ECL Substrate (Reprobed panel).
- Wash blot to remove chemiluminescent substrate
- Incubate blot in Restore Western Blot Stripping Buffer for 5 to 15 minutes at room temperature
(or incubate at 37°C for high affinity antibodies)
- Remove blot and wash in Wash Buffer
- Block membrane
- Test for sufficient removal of antibodies
- Perform next immunoblot experiment
- Baolin Zhang, B, et al. (2003). Mol. Cell. Biol. 23: 5716-5725.
- Kaufmann, S.H., et al. (1987). Anal. Biochem. 161: 89-95.
- Kaufmann, S.H. and Kellner, U. (1998). Erasure of Western blots after autoradiographic or chemiluminescent detection. In Immunochemical Protocols. Ed. Pound, J.D. Humana Press, Totowa, NJ, 223-235.
- Lanying Wen, L., et al. (2003). Genetics. 165: 771-779.
- Schrager, J.A., et al. (2002). J. Biol. Chem. 277: 6137-6142.
- Skurk, C., et al. (2004). J. Biol. Chem. 277: 6137-6142.
- Sorci, G., et al. (2003). Mol. Cell. Biol. 23: 4870-4881.
Restore Western Blot Stripping Buffer – original gentle formulation
Restore Fluorescent Western Blot Stripping Buffer – formulated for fluorescent blotting on PVDF
Blocking Buffers – choose from protein-based and protein-free blocking buffers
Chemiluminescent Substrates – compare substrates to the choose the best for your application
CL-XPosure Film – X-ray film for chemiluminescent detection
Background Eliminator for Film – remove excess signal from film to make data clearer