Thermo Scientific Pierce Protein A/G UltraLink Resin is an extremely durable beaded polyacrylamide support to which recombinant Protein A/G has been immobilized for use in IgG purification methods.
The Protein A/G UltraLink Resin is used to bind and purify IgG in gravity-flow, spin-column or medium-pressure chromatography methods. Protein A/G is a recombinant fusion protein consisting of the antibody-binding domains of Protein A and Protein G, enabling antibody purification from serum samples of a variety of species.
- Immobilized Protein A/G – specifically binds IgG from several mammalian species, especially most subtypes of human and rabbit IgG
- Standard capacity – loading of immobilized Protein A/G provides a binding capacity of approx. 20mg human IgG per milliliter of resin
- UltraLink Resin – acrylamide-based support provides an alternative to crosslinked beaded agarose supports for medium pressure applications
UltraLink Resin is an azlactone-activated polyacrylamide support that is hydrophilic, charge-free, high capacity, highly crosslinked, rigid and porous. This support is especially useful for medium pressure techniques when using large sample volumes requiring fast-flow techniques (FPLC) and large-scale applications. Unlike typical beaded agarose supports, UltraLink Support does not crush or collapse when subjected to high flow rates that result in pressures exceeding 25psi.
Properties of Thermo Scientific UltraLink Resin:
- Support pH Stability: 1 to 13
- Average Particle Size: 50 to 80 microns
- Exclusion Limit: greater than 2,000,000 daltons
- Average Surface Area: greater than 250m2 per gram of beads
- Average Pore Volume: greater than 1.2mL per gram of beads (> 60% of bead volume)
- Pore Size: 500 to 1000 angstroms (50 to 100nm)
- Maximum Linear Velocity: 3000cm per hour
- Maximum Pressure: 100psi (6.9 bar), defined as the maximum pressure drop across a column that the resin can withstand (Note: The indicated gauge pressure of a liquid chromatography apparatus may be measuring the total system pressure rather than the pressure drop across the column.)
Review of antibody purification methods
Other Protein A/G Resins
All Antibody Purification Products