Assay PGE2 (prostaglandin E2) levels in biological samples, such as tissue culture media, plasma, saliva and urine, with our Thermo Scientific Prostaglandin E2 Competitive ELISA Kit.
This PGE2 competitive ELISA kit is an immunoassay for the quantitative determination of prostaglandin E2 (PGE2) in biological fluids. The assay is based on the competition between PGE2 in the standard or sample and alkaline phosphatase conjugated PGE2 (PGE2-AP) for a limited amount of PGE2 monoclonal antibody bound to an anti-mouse IgG precoated 96-well plate. As the concentration of PGE2 in the sample increases, the amount of PGE2-AP captured by the coating antibody decreases. Thus, there is an inverse relationship between optical density (OD) and the amount of analyte in the sample.
- Target: prostaglandin E2 (PGE2)
- Format: colorimetric ELISA (p-NPP substrate) in clear 96-well plate
- Measurement: absorbance at 405nm minus absorbance at 570nm
- Assay Range: 39 to 5000pg/mL
- Sensitivity: < 15.9pg/mL
- Precision: dependent upon sample type and level (see instructions)
- Sample Types: cell culture supernatant, serum, plasma (EDTA), whole blood, saliva, urine
- Total Assay Time: 3 hours
- Sample Size: 100μL
- Specificity: no significant cross-reaction with 13,14-dihydro-15-keto-PGF2a; 6,15-keto-13-dihydro-PGF1a; Thromboxane B2; 2-Arachidonoylglycerol; Anandamide; PGD2; Arachadonic acid. Less than 1% cross-reaction with PFG2a; 6-keto-PGF1a; PGA2; PGB1; Approx. 16% cross-reaction with PGE3; Approx. 70% cross-reaction with PGE1.
Complete kit contains pre-coated antibody-plate, detection antibodies, diluent, wash buffer, standard, substrate, and stop solution.