The Thermo Scientific Pierce Renilla Luciferase Glow Assay Kit provides an extremely bright and stable bioluminescence signal (half-life approx. 3 hours), especially in the presence of Green Renilla luciferase reporter.
This Pierce Luciferase Glow Assay Kit contains reagents for measuring the activity of Renilla luciferase in cell lysates. In the presence of luciferase, the glow reagent provides stable bioluminescent signal and is highly suited for luminometers without injectors or for batch processing of samples. The light output generated by the luciferase reaction can be correlated with the amount of luciferase protein produced which in turn is proportional to the promoter activity driving the luciferase expression. The glow assay reagents were optimized for best results with Thermo Scientific Green Renilla Luc Plasmids; however, this glow kit may be used to detect the activity of other Renilla luciferase derivatives that use coelenterazine as a substrate.
- Sensitive – highly sensitive detection of Green Renilla luciferase activity
- Stable – increased signal stability compared to flash assays
- Simple – does not require a luminometer with injectors
- Compatible – assay reagents compatible with other Renilla luciferases
- Automation-friendly – amenable to high throughput assays
- Convenient – contains a universal cell lysis buffer and optimized glow assay reagent
- Safe – allows one to perform non-radioactive assays
Cell lysis buffer, reaction buffer and substrate
Renilla luciferase and luminometer or other instrument capable of monitoring luminescence, such as Thermo Scientific Luminoskan Ascent and Varioskan Flash Microplate Readers.
- Promoter studies for analyzing cis- regulatory elements and trans-acting factors
- Drug screening
- siRNA and miRNA screening
- Multiplexed assays to study off-target effects
- Protein localization reporter assays
- Signal transduction pathway analysis
- RNA splicing studies
The Green Renilla luciferase is a 36kDa protein produced by a derivative of the wild type Renilla luciferase gene from the sea pansy, Renilla reniformis. Compared to the wild type luciferase, Green Renilla is more stable in serum and has an the emission spectrum that is shifted toward the green region. The protein provides extremely bright flash signal that decays rapidly. The Pierce Renilla Glow Assay Kit reagent effectively stabilizes this bright bioluminescence to yield a signal half-life greater than 3 hours, thus eliminating the need for a luminometer with injectors. The assay kit was optimized for best results with Thermo Scientific Green Renilla Luc Plasmids; however, this glow kit may be used to detect the activity of other Renilla luciferase derivatives that use coelenterazine as a substrate.
||Renilla luciferase reaction. Coelenterazine is oxidized by Renilla luciferase to produce coelenteramide, carbon dioxide, and light.
||Thermo Scientific Pierce Renilla Glow Assay Kit reagents results in stable bioluminescent signal. Glow assay reagents were added to sample wells containing lysates obtained from HEK293 cells transfected with pCMV-Green Renilla plasmid. Total light output was captured using the luminescence module of the Thermo Scientific Varioskan Flash Multimode Reader (integration time of 1sec/reading). The experiment was performed with both the Pierce Kit (Ours) and Promega™ Renilla expression vector and reagents (Theirs).
- Lorenz, W.W., et al. (1991). Isolation and expression of a cDNA encoding Renilla reniformis luciferase. Proc. Natl. Acad. Sci. USA, 88:4438-4442.
Review of Luciferase Reporters
Luciferase Reporter Assay Selection Guide
Renilla Vectors, Glow and Dual Assay Kits
All Luciferase Reporter Assay Reagents and Kits
Pierce Luciferase Cell Lysis Buffer (2X)
TurboFect in vitro Transfection Reagent
Modified Dulbecco’s PBS BupH Packs
Modified Dulbecco’s PBS, 20X Solution