Thermo Scientific Pierce Protein Concentrators, 20K are disposable centrifugal devices for high-performance concentration, diafiltration or buffer-exchange of biological samples.
Pierce Protein Concentrators effectively combine simplicity, speed, capacity and recovery to yield enhanced concentration, purification and separation of proteins, even with dilute protein samples. The high-performance regenerated cellulose membranes in these 20K molecular-weight cutoff (MWCO) units are carefully and accurately rated to provide more than 90% protein recovery for proteins larger than 20,000 daltons. Pierce Concentrators are available in 7mL and 20mL sizes, which are compatible with swinging-bucket and fixed-angle rotors. These centrifugal concentrators provide efficient concentration of biological samples containing proteins (antigens, antibodies and enzymes), nucleic acids (DNA) and micro organisms (viral particles).
- Rapid protein concentration – achieve greater than 100-fold protein concentration in less than 45 minutes
- Excellent protein recovery – remove buffer and small molecules while retaining more than 90% of proteins greater than 20kDa
- Convenient – two sizes designed to fit 15mL and 50mL conical tubes; ideal for simple concentration of 1 to 20mL of sample
- Instrument-compatible – use standard centrifuges with swinging-bucket or fixed-angle rotors; collect and recover sample without invert spinning
- Versatile – the easiest way to perform sample concentration, diafiltration or buffer-exchange of biological samples
Centrifuge equipped with a rotor for 15mL or 50mL conical tubes (for 7mL or 20mL Concentrators, respectively)
- Protein concentration with tissue culture media, antiserum or monoclonal antibody preps
- Concentration of protein peaks following gel-permeation chromatography
- Removal of unincorporated protein label
- Concentration and desalt/buffer-exchange after eluting protein from ion-exchange, hydrophobic interaction (HIC), metal chelate or affinity chromatography columns
Pierce Protein Concentrators have a unique conical high-performance design that overcomes many problems associated with traditional protein concentration. These provide a high degree of concentration in a single centrifugation step while minimizing polarization and adsorption at the membrane surface. The regenerated cellulose membranes are accurately rated for molecular-weight cutoffs (MWCO) and routinely provide greater than 90% recovery of proteins larger than the membrane MWCO. Concentration factors greater than 100-fold can be obtained in less than 45 minutes. The Pierce Concentrators also allow accurate control of the dead-stop volume and final concentration factor, providing reliable and consistent sample processing, especially with low-concentration samples that are often lost or damaged with other centrifugal concentrator devices.
|Thermo Scientific Pierce Protein Concentrators make sample loading and recovery easy. Simply load up to 20mL of sample into the large concentration device (or up to 7mL with the smaller unit), cap the device and insert it into a fixed angle or swinging bucket rotor. Centrifuge the sample for the desired amount of time and rpm and then recover the concentrated sample. No inverted spin or membrane washing is required due to the unique conical design.
Sample recovery and concentration compared to starting concentration using Thermo Scientific Pierce Protein Concentrators. Data were generated using solutions of bovine serum albumin (66kDa) at the specified starting concentrations.
||Time at 3000xg
|7mL / 20K
|20mL / 20K
Dialysis and desalting (Technical Guide)
Browse all Pierce Protein Concentrators
Dialysis Membrane and Devices