Thermo Scientific Prestained Protein Molecular Weight Marker is a mixture of six (6) blue-stained natural proteins (20 to 120kDa) for use as size standards in protein electrophoresis (SDS-PAGE).
This prestained protein MW marker is designed for monitoring the progress of SDS-polyacrylamide gel electrophoresis, for assessing transfer efficiency onto PVDF, nylon and nitrocellulose membranes, and for estimating the approximate size of separated proteins that have been made visible with gel stains or Western blot detection reagents.
- Size range – six proteins spanning 20 to 120kDa
- Ready-to-use – supplied in a loading buffer for direct loading on gels
- Prestained – for direct viewing during electrophoresis
- Quality tested – each lot evaluated by SDS-PAGE and Western blotting
- Dye-stained proteins in 62.5mM Tris-HCl (pH 7.5 at 25°C), 1mM EDTA, 2% SDS, 10mM DTT, 1.5mM NaN3 and 33% glycerol
- Component proteins: beta-galactosidase (120kDa), bovine serum albumin (85kDa), ovalbumin (50kDa), cardonic anhydrase (35kDa), beta-lactoglobulin (25kDa), lysozyme (20kDa)
- Monitoring protein migration during SDS-polyacrylamide gel electrophoresis.
- Monitoring protein transfer onto membranes after Western blotting
- Sizing of proteins on SDS-polyacrylamide gels and Western blots
|SDS-PAGE band profile of the Thermo Scientific Prestained Protein Molecular Weight Marker. Image is a 12% Tris-glycine gel (SDS-PAGE).
- Laemmli, U.K., Cleavage of structural proteins during the assembly of the head of bacteriophage T4, Nature, 227, 680-685, 1970.
- Burnette, W.N., “Western blotting”: electrophoretic transfer of proteins from sodium dodecyl sulfate – polyacrylamide gels to unmodified nitrocellulose and radiographic detection with antibody and radioiodinated protein A, Anal. Biochem., 112 (2), 195-203, 1981.
- Towbin, H., et al., Electrophoretic transfer of proteins from polyacrylamide gels to nitrocellulose sheets: procedure and some applications, Proc. Natl. Acad. Sci. USA, 76, 4350.
Protein Molecular Weight Markers – product comparison and selection guide
Protein Gel Stains and Kits – compare colorimetric and fluorescent gel stains
Precise Protein Gels – browse all pre-cast gels for SDS-PAGE
BupH Dry Blend Electrophoresis Buffers – Tris-HEPES-SDS and other pouched electrophoresis buffers
Reducing Agents – 2-mercaptoethanol, DTT, TCEP and other reducing agents
Western blotting substrates and reagents – find kits, stripping buffers, blotting membranes and film