The Thermo Scientific Pierce Phosphoprotein Enrichment Kit is designed for the efficient enrichment of phosphorylated proteins derived from mammalian cells and tissues.
The proprietary resin and buffer composition produces superior yields with negligible non-specific binding. The kit is uses a convenient spin column format and is compatible with downstream applications including Western blotting, Mass Spec, 2D-PAGE, and protein arrays. The affinity resin is also available as pre-packed chromatography cartridges for use with automated liquid chromatography (LC) systems.
- Specific - low nonspecific protein contamination from complex biological samples, such as cell culture lysate and mouse tissue extract
- Fast - easy spin format enables enrichment of phosphorylated proteins in less than 2 hours
- Superior yield - acheives higher yields than other commercially available kits
- Convenient format - complete kit offering pre-dispensed spin columns, buffers, reagents and ultrafiltration columns for enrichment
- Compatible - downstream applications include mass spectrometry, Western blotting, and 2D-PAGE
Phosphorylation is one of the most frequently occurring post-translational modifications in proteins and it regulates nearly all intracellular biological events including, signal transduction, protein-protein interaction, protein stability, protein localization, apoptosis, and cell cycle control. Detecting changes in protein phosphorylation can be a difficult task, because of the transient labile state of the phosphate group. Furthermore, low phosphoprotein abundance and poorly developed phospho-specific antibodies also contribute to difficulties in phosphoprotein detection. Recent advances in mass spectrometry (MS) technology in combination with phosphoprotein enrichment using immobilized metal affinity chromatography (IMAC) have resulted in greater resolution of the phosphoproteome.
Faster and higher phosphoprotein yields with the Thermo Scientific Pierce Kit.
|Thermo Scientific Pierce
Phosphoprotein Enrichment Kit
|Supplier Q Kit
|Supplier I Kit
|Supplier C Kit
|Supplier E Kit
||Too dilute to determine
|† From 2mg total protein; †† Based on maximum 1mg load per manufacturer’s protocol
- Nilsson, C.L. et al. (2010). Quantitative phosphoproteomic analysis of the STAT3/IL-6/HIF1alpha signaling network: an initial study in GSC11 glioblastoma stem cells. J. Proteome Res. 9:430-43.
Phosphoprotein Enrichment Kit FAQ
Overview of post-translational modification (PTM)
Review of sample preparation for mass spectrometry
Glycoprotein Isolation Kits
Ubiquitin Enrichment Kit
Halt Phosphatase Inhibitor Cocktail
Halt Protease Inhibitor Single-Use Cocktail
Protein Stabilizing Cocktail