Thermo Scientific PageRuler Unstained Broad Range Protein Ladder is a mixture of 11 proteins (5kDa to 250kDa) for use as size standards in protein electrophoresis (SDS-PAGE) and Western blotting.
The protein MW markers in this ladder resolve into clearly identifiable sharp bands ranging in size from 5kDa to 250kDa when analyzed by SDS-PAGE and stained with coomassie dye or silver. The 100, 50 and 20kDa protein bands are of greater intensity and serve as a reference bands. Proteins can be detected on Western blots by staining with Ponceau S, coomassie blue or other protein stains. In addition, the ladder proteins (except for the 5kDa peptide) contain an integral Strep-tag™ II Sequence and may be detected on Western blots using Strep-Tactin™ Conjugates. The PageRuler Unstained Broad Range Protein Ladder is supplied ready-to-use: no heating, dilution or addition of a reducing agent is required before use.
- Size range – eleven proteins spanning 5 to 250kDa
- Ready-to-use – supplied in a loading buffer for direct loading on gels; no need to boil
- Sharp bands – excellent accuracy for detection in with coomassie or silver stains
- Reference bands – the 100, 50 and 20kDa bands are more intense for easy orientation
- Tagged – each protein in the ladder contains an integral Strep-tag™ II Sequence
- Quality tested – each lot evaluated by SDS-PAGE and Western blotting
- Proteins in 62.5mM Tris-H3PO4 (pH 7.5 at 25°C), 1mM EDTA, 2% SDS, 100mM DTT, 1mM NaN3, 0.01% bromophenol blue and 33% glycerol
- Accurate protein sizing on SDS-polyacrylamide gels and Western blots.
|SDS-PAGE band profile of the Thermo Scientific PageRuler Unstained Broad Range Protein Ladder. Image is of a 4-20% Tris-glycine gel (SDS-PAGE) stained with coomassie blue dye.
- Westermeier, R. (2004). Electrophoresis in Practice: A Guide to Methods and Applications of DNA and Protein Separations, 4th Edition, Wiley.
- Kurien, B.T. and Scofield, R.H. (2003). Protein blotting: a review, J. Imm. Meth., 274, 1-15.
Protein Molecular Weight Markers – product comparison and selection guide
Protein Gel Stains and Kits – compare colorimetric and fluorescent gel stains
Precise Protein Gels – browse all pre-cast gels for SDS-PAGE
BupH Dry Blend Electrophoresis Buffers – Tris-HEPES-SDS and other pouched electrophoresis buffers
Reducing Agents – 2-mercaptoethanol, DTT, TCEP and other reducing agents
Western blotting substrates and reagents – find kits, stripping buffers, blotting membranes and film