Thermo Scientific PageBlue Protein Staining Solution is a sensitive, economical formulation of colloidal coomassie G-250 dye for endpoint staining of proteins in polyacrylamide gels and on PVDF membranes without methanol or acetic acid.
The simple PageBlue Protein Staining Solution protocol is sensitive, efficient and eliminates the concern of over staining gels even after overnight staining. This protein stain delivers a dynamic range of 5 to 500ng, which is approximately 10 times more sensitive than traditional coomassie R-250-based dyes. Furthermore, PageBlue Protein Staining Solution is economical because it can be reused up to three times without any loss in sensitivity.
- Easy-to-use – simply soak the gel in the ready-to-use solution and observe stained bands without destaining
- Fast – 25 to 40 minute protocol
- Safe – does not contain methanol or acetic acid
- Dynamic range – linear dynamic range of 5 to 500ng
- Economical – can be reused up to 3 times
- Visualize and quantify proteins separated in 1D, 2D and IEF polyacrylamide gels
- Stain proteins after transfer onto PVDF membranes
- Stain gels prior to subsequent silver staining or mass spectrometry analysis
|Thermo Scientific PageBlue Protein Staining Solution is sensitive and has a broad, linear dynamic range. Panel A. A series of samples containing beta-galactosidase and bovine serum albumin (0 to 500ng each) were separated by electrophoresis on a 12% Tris-glycine SDS-PAGE, 0.75mm gel, well width 3mm and then stained with PageBlue Protein Staining Solution and Panel B. densitometry was performed on the stained protein bands.
Protein Gel Stains Selection Guide
Protein gel electrophoresis technical guide
Process stained polyacrylamide gel pieces for mass spectrometry (Tech Tip #50)
Purify proteins from polyacrylamide gels (Tech Tip #51)
All Protein Gel Stains (coomassie, silver, fluorescent, etc.)
Reversible Protein Stains for PVDF and Nitrocellulose membranes