Thermo Scientific myImageAnalysis Software v2.0 is a full-featured, multifunction computer program to analyze and edit digital images of electrophoresis gels and blots that were acquired using gel documentation imagers or scanners.
The myImageAnalysis Software v2.0 comprises a complete set of easy-to-use research tools for the quantitative digital analysis of image data from electrophoresis gels and Western blots. The software uses a powerful algorithm to automatically select and identify lanes and band-boundaries for calculation of migration distances or densitometry. Intuitive, ready-to-use functions (buttons) provide molecular weight determination, relative and absolute quantitation, and purity calculation. Images are easily loaded, viewed, compared, adjusted (e.g., contrast, rotation, crop) and annotated. The program reads and writes to standard file formats, providing compatibility with nearly any source image or final presentation method.
- Intuitive design – sleek task-bars (ribbons) organize functions into four main tabs: File, Image, Lanes/Bands, Annotation
- Compatible file types – load images in popular file formats (TIFF, JPEG, PNG, etc.); analyze images from nearly any source, and easily share the results
- Image comparison – open two to six image files at once to review them simultaneously or toggle between them to edit them in parallel
- Auto-identification – accurate, customizable, automatic lane and band identification creates numbered, selectable objects for lane profile densitometry and analysis
- MW determination – versatile, trouble-free calculation of migration distances and molecular weights based on pre-installed or custom-added markers
- Advanced quantitation – automatically calculate sample purity based on band and lane intensities, or determine the relative or absolute quantities of bands or regions
- Image refinement and annotation – crop, rotate, invert, display saturation and adjust contrast; then add simple labels, notes and arrows
- Exporting and sharing – easily transfer data and images to Microsoft* Excel*, Word* and PowerPoint* Programs for further analysis and presentation
myImageAnalysis Software v2.0, 2 activation licenses, and user manual (within the software) and the following software updates:
- Export to Microsoft Excel now includes an "All Lanes" worksheet containing all lane and band data
- Copy and paste the image from myImageAnalysis to another program (such as Word or PowerPoint) using CTL+C and CTL+V
- Export the contrast adjusted image as a JPEG, 8-bit TIFF or 16-bit TIFF
- New "Open Images" button that can open one or multiple images and "Close Image" button on the File Tab
- Enhanced free image rotate algorithm resulting in better quality image and displayed rotation angle
- Miscellaneous feature updates and performance improvements
Computer running MicroSoft* Windows* XP*, Windows Vista*, or Windows 7* Operating Systems
- Automatically identify and delimit lane and band boundaries for analysis
- Examine densitometry profiles of lanes and bands
- Calculate and report migration distances and molecular weights of bands relative to standards
- Overlay image of colored protein ladder onto image of chemiluminescent signal
- Assess band purity by densitometry of stained bands relative to entire lanes
- Measure and report the relative and absolute quantity of bands or regions
- Quickly annotate and export analyzed images and quantitative data
|Simple, four-tab workspace. Analysis options and tasks are organized into four main tabs, each with clearly delineated sets of functions in a menu-ribbon, providing a complete workflow for image analysis.
| Simultaneously view multiple images. Compare and contrast up to six images at a time.
|Quick and powerful gel analysis. Algorithm automatically and quickly detects and outlines lanes and bands with real-time sensitivity adjustment. Lane densitometry profiles and easy-to-use functions allow customization and adjustment of initially-identified lanes and bands (size, skew, etc.).
|Automate colorimetric molecular weight overlay. Proprietary program eliminates the painful manual process to overlay molecular weight markers on Western blots.
|Quickly and easily share and export data. Open and analyze image files in non-proprietary data formats (TIFF, JPEG, GIF, BMP and PNG). Export data reports directly to Microsoft* Office* and Adobe* Reader* programs.
The myImageAnalysis Software v2.0 provides features not available with other image analysis software:
- Algorithm automatically provides more consistent and accurate lane and band identification, including real-time band detection sensitivity adjustment.
- Band addition by mouse click results in automatic integration of the intensity peak, eliminating the need to manually adjust the band boundaries.
- Innovative molecular weight overlay feature allows a colorimetric molecular weight marker to be overlaid onto a chemiluminescent image for molecular weight determination without compromising the underlying chemiluminescent densitometry data.
- Versatile, open platform accepts standard image file types (i.e., TIFF, JPEG, PNG, GIF, BMP files).
- Analysis reports can be directly exported to Microsoft* Word*, Excel*, PowerPoint*, and PDF formats.
The myImageAnalysis Software v2.0 was developed for use with images captured by the Thermo Scientific myECL Imager (purchase of the imager includes the software). However, myImageAnalysis Software v2.0 is an independent, standalone product whose complete array of features is available and functional for analysis of any suitable-quality image of a gel or blot. Digitized images acquired via any imager or scanning device can be analyzed so long as they can be exported to a standard file format (TIFF preserves the most accurate densitometry information).
|View the user manual.
Update or download free 30-day trial of myImageAnalysis Software v2.0
SuperSignal West Dura Chemiluminescent Substrate
Pierce ECL Plus Substrate
Protein Gel Stains
Protein Ladders (MW Markers)