Thermo Scientific Pierce MBS is an amine-to-sulfhydryl crosslinker that contains NHS-ester and maleimide reactive groups at opposite ends of a short aromatic spacer arm (7.3 angstroms).
- Reactive groups: NHS ester and maleimide
- Reactive towards: amino and sulfhydryl groups
- Water-insoluble (dissolve first in DMF or DMSO); compare to Sulfo-MBS
- Popular for forming enzyme immunoconjugates
|Chemical structure of MBS crosslinking reagent.
- Chrisey, L.A., et al. (1996). Nucleic Acids Res. 24(15), 3031-3039.
- Myers, D.E., Uckun, F.M., Swaim, S.E. and Vallera, D.A. (1989). The effects of aromatic and aliphatic maleimide crosslinkers and anti-CD-5 ricin immunotoxins. J. Immunol. Meth. 121, 129-142. (MBS example)
- Kitagawa, T. and Aikawa, T. (1976). Enzyme coupled immunoassay of insulin using a novel coupling reagent. J. Biochem. (Tokyo) 79, 233-236.
Crosslinker Application Guide -- search for recent literature references for this product
Overview of crosslinking
Chemistry of crosslinking
Crosslinkers at a glance (selection guide)