Thermo Scientific MagnaBind Magnetic Beads are a convenient affinity support for a variety of assays, allowing easy benchtop purification without columns or centrifugation.
MagnaBind Magnetic Beads are available with streptavidin, Protein A, Protein G, GAM IgG, GAR IgG and other ligands for use in small-scale benchtop magnetic affinity protocols. MagnaBind Beads that are pre-coated with Protein A, Protein G, streptavidin, anti-mouse or anti-rabbit antibodies are ready to use for purification of respective affinity targets. Activated beads, with either amine or carboxyl groups, are enable covalent attachment of antibodies or other ligands for customized affinity separation procedures.
- Available pre-coated with streptavidin, secondary antibodies, Protein A or G
- Available derivatized with carboxyl or amine groups for covalent attachment of ligands
- Respond well to magnetic fields but have no magnetic memory
- Most separations require a short 5- to 10-minute bench-top procedure
- Bead specifications – surface area: >100 m2/g, 1 x 108 particles/mg, 1 to 4µm diameter
- Can be used for either positive or negative selection
- Cells can be isolated via direct or indirect capture of primary antibodies to cell surface antigens
- Simple sterilization
- Cell sorting using either positive or negative selection
- Protein purification or immunoassays using either direct or indirect methods
- Nagano, S., et al. (2004). J. Biol. Chem. 279, 14673-14678.
- Deaton, J., et al. (2004). Protein Sci. 13, 1778-1786.
- Dutta, S., et al. (2003). Proc. Nat. Acad. Sci. USA 100, 12295-12300.
- Neaey, S.E., et al. (2001). J. Biol. Chem. 276(9), 6645-6655.
- Chaudhuri, T.K., et al. (2001). Cell 107, 235-246.
- Ilver, D., et al. (1998). Science 279, 373-377.
Review of magnetic separations for proteomics (includes selection guide)
Pierce Magnetic Beads • Streptavidin • Protein AG, A, G, L • Ni-NTA • Glutathione • Anti-HA