Assay LTB4 (leukotriene B4) eicosanoid levels in biological samples, such as tissue culture media, plasma, saliva and urine, with our Thermo Scientific Leukotriene B4 Competitive ELISA Kit.
This LTB4 competitive ELISA kit is an immunoassay for the quantitative determination of leukotriene B4 (LTB4) in biological fluids. The assay is based on the competition between LTB4 in the standard or sample and alkaline phosphatase conjugated LTB4 (LTB4-AP) for a limited amount of LTB4 monoclonal antibody bound to an anti-Rabbit IgG precoated 96-well plate. As the concentration of LTB4 in the sample increases, the amount of LTB4-AP captured by the coating antibody decreases. Thus, there is an inverse relationship between optical density (OD) and the amount of analyte in the sample.
- Target: leukotriene B4 (LTB4, LT-B4)
- Format: colorimetric ELISA (p-NPP substrate) in clear 96-well plate
- Measurement: absorbance at 405nm minus absorbance at 570nm
- Assay Range: 47 to 12,000pg/mL
- Sensitivity: < 19.4pg/mL
- Precision: dependent upon sample type and level (see instructions)
- Sample Types: cell culture supernatant, serum, plasma (EDTA), saliva, urine
- Total Assay Time: 3 hours
- Sample Size: 100μL
- Specificity: no significant cross-reaction with PGE2,PGF2α, 20-OH-LTB4, 20-COOH-LTB4, LTC4, LTD4, LTE4, 5(S)-HETE, 12(S)-HETE, 15(S)-HETE; less than 1% cross-reaction with 12-epi-LTB4; approx. 5% cross-reaction with 6-trans-LTB4 and 6-trans-12-epi-LTB4.
Complete kit contains pre-coated antibody-plate, detection antibodies, diluent, wash buffer, standard, substrate, and stop solution.
This product is for In Vitro experimental use only. Not for resale without express authorization.