Thermo Scientific Pierce LDS Sample Loading Buffer (4X) is a nonreducing lithium dodecyl sulfate sample loading buffer, a unique alternative to homemade and other commercial gel-loading dyes.
LDS Sample Buffer, Non-Reducing (4X) is a convenient sample buffer for use in SDS-polyacrylamide gel electrophoresis (SDS-PAGE). The buffer contains coomassie dye, enabling visualization of the electrophoretic progress by the location of the dye front. The LDS Sample Buffer, Non-Reducing (4X) may be used in denaturing gels and is compatible with both coomassie and silver staining and Western blotting applications.
- Concentrated – 4X formulation provides more versatility than traditional 2X buffers
- Nonreducing – ready to use for non-reducing SDS-PAGE, or the preferred type and amount of reducing agent (e.g., DTT) can be added to produce reducing conditions
- SDS alternative – lithium dodecyl sulfate (LDS) replaces sodium dodecyl sulfate (SDS) of traditional loading buffers but functions equally well
- Physiologic pH – buffered with triethanolamine (pH 7.6) rather than Tris (pH 6.8)
- Lane marker dyes – includes trace amounts of phenol red and coomassie G250 as visible markers of the dye front
- Convenient – stable at room temperature, enabling storage at the bench where electrophoresis is performed
Formulation of the Thermo Scientific Pierce LDS Sample Loading Buffer (4X).
4% lithium dodecyl sulfate (LDS)
4% Ficoll™ 400
0.8 M triethanolamine-Cl pH 7.6
0.025% phenol red
0.025% coomassie G250
2mM EDTA disodium
Protein Molecular Weight Markers – product comparison and selection guide
Protein Gel Stains and Kits – compare colorimetric and fluorescent gel stains
Precise Protein Gels – browse all pre-cast gels for SDS-PAGE
BupH Dry Blend Electrophoresis Buffers – Tris-HEPES-SDS and other pouched electrophoresis buffers
Reducing Agents – 2-mercaptoethanol, DTT, TCEP and other reducing agents
Western blotting substrates and reagents – find kits, stripping buffers, blotting membranes and film