Rapidly assay NGAL (human neutrophil gelatinase-associated lipocalin) levels in human serum, plasma, and urine samples with our Thermo Scientific Human NGAL Rapid ELISA Kit.
This human NGAL ELISA kit uses pre-titered, matched pairs of coating and detection antibodies to achieve sensitive and accurate measurement of neutrophil gelatinase-associated lipocalin (NGAL). The assay is an ELISA performed in microplate wells coated with a monoclonal antibody against human NGAL. Bound NGAL is detected with a horseradish peroxidase (HRP)-conjugated monoclonal antibody and the assay is developed by incubation with a color-forming substrate. The assay is a rapid two-step procedure.
- Target: natural and recombinant human NGAL (human neutrophil gelatinase-associated lipocalin)
- Format: colorimetric ELISA (TMB substrate) in clear 96-well strip plate
- Measurement: absorbance at 450nm minus absorbance at 550nm
- Assay Range: 0.2-20ng/mL (= at least 5ng/mL NGAL in original, undiluted samples)
- Sensitivity: < 100pg/mL
- Precision: undetermined
- Sample Types: urine, serum, plasma (EDTA, sodium citrate and heparin)
- Total Assay Time: 1 hour
- Sample Size: 50μL of 25-fold diluted sample per well
- Specificity: The two monoclonal antibodies against human NGAL used in the assay have been shown to bind to different preparations of recombinant human NGAL and to give a single band at 25kDa on Western blot analysis of a reduced postnuclear supernatant from human neutrophils.
|Video of the Thermo Scientific NGAL ELISA Kit
Complete kit contains pre-coated antibody-plate, detection antibodies, buffer, diluent, standards, and substrate.
NGAL (neutrophil gelatinase-associated lipocalin) belongs to the lipocalin family of proteins. These are typically small secreted proteins characterized by their ability to bind small, hydrophobic molecules in a structurally conserved pocket formed by beta-pleated sheet, to bind to specific cell-surface receptors and to form macromolecular complexes. NGAL has many synonyms: it also known as NL (neutrophil lipocalin; HNL: human NL), lipocalin 2, oncogene protein 24p3 or uterocalin (in the mouse) and neu-related lipocalin or 25kDa alpha-2-microglobulin-related protein (in the rat). Human NGAL consists of a single disulfidebridged polypeptide chain of 178 amino-acid residues with a calculated molecular mass of 22kDa, but glycosylation increases its apparent molecular mass to 25kDa. In neutrophils (neutrophilic polymorphonuclear leukocytes) and urine it occurs as monomer, with a small percentage of dimer and trimer, and also in complex with 92-kDa human neutrophil type IV collagenase, also called gelatinase B or matrix metalloproteinase-9 (MMP-9). NGAL is often used as a marker of acute renal injury which may lead to acute renal failure.
|Human NGAL ELISA standard curve. An example standard curve for the Human NGAL Rapid ELISA (Part No. KIT037), with error bars based on 2 replicates for each NGAL standard concentration.
This product is for In Vitro experimental use only. Not for resale without express authorization.