Thermo Scientific Pierce Heptafluorobutyric Acid (HFBA) is manufactured and tested to meet strict specifications that ensure superior performance for use as an ion-pairing agent in reverse-phase peptide separations.
Pierce HFBA is highly purified and stably packaged heptafluorobutyric acid that is tested and prepared for use as an ion-pairing reagent in high-pressure liquid chromatography (HPLC) methods and similar applications. The solution is tested for overall purity, chain-length purity, water content, sulfate content and absorptivity at three different UV-wavelengths. The liquid reagent is offered in convenient 1mL ampules and 100mL bottles.
- Greater than 99.5% purity – allows sensitive, nondestructive peptide detection at low UV wavelengths in reverse-phase HPLC protein and peptide separation systems
- High-performance packaging – HFBA packaged under nitrogen in amber glass ampules or bottles
- Economical convenience – in just a few seconds, a 1mL ampule can be used to prepare 1 liter of fresh 0.1% heptafluorobutyric acid solution for the mobile phase in reverse-phase chromatography
- Ion pair reagent for reverse-phase HPLC
- Protein/peptide sequencing
- Protein/peptide solubilizing agent
- Solid-phase peptide synthesis
- Amino acid analysis
Properties of heptafluorobutyric acid.
Pierce HFBA is manufactured to the highest specifications to ensure the integrity of your data, maximize sensitivity in your assay and to prolong the life of your equipment.
Specifications of Thermo Scientific Pierce HFBA.
||> 99.5% C4
||A280 < 0.004
A254 < 0.006
A230 < 0.150
- Hermann, P.M., et al. (2000) J. Neurosci. 20, 6355-6364.
- Hearn, M.T.W. and Hancock, W.S. (1979). Trends in Biochemical Sciences 4, N58-N62.
- Bennett, H.P.J., et al. (1980). J. Liquid Chromatogr. 3, 1353-1365.
- Bennett, H.P.J., et al. (1981). Biochem. 20, 4530-4538.
Trifluoroacetic acid (TFA)
Amino Acid Detection Reagents