The Thermo Scientific pMCS-Renilla Luc Vector is a multiple cloning site plasmid to designed to accept a promoter sequence for study of gene regulation using the intracellular Renilla luciferase reporter.
The Green Renilla Luc Vectors contain a gene cloned from the sea pansy, Renilla reniformis. The gene encodes a bioluminescent Green Renilla luciferase (36kDa). The pMCS vector contains a multiple cloning site for cloning a promoter to study its regulatory potential. The pCMV and pTK vectors have the luciferase gene under the CMV (Cytomegalovirus) promoter and Herpes Simplex Virus (HSV) thymidine kinase (TK) promoter, respectively. These constitutive expression vectors can be used as normalization controls to account for experimental variation in combination with other reporters.
- Intracellular Green Renilla luciferase gene, optimized for high expression in mammalian systems
- Multiple cloning site (MCS) provides versatility for transfer of regulatory elements from one plasmid to another
- Transcription termination site (Ter), Lac operator (Lac O1), and transcriptional pause site (TPS) used to minimize background by reducing transcriptional read-through
- Both puromycin (Pur) and ampicillin (Amp) markers for drug selection in mammalian and bacterial cells, respectively
- High-copy pUC bacterial DNA replication origin
- Two control vectors available with strong (CMV) or weak (TK) constitutive promoters for co-transfection and normalization
The pMCS-, pCMV- and pTK-Green-Renilla Luc Vectors encode the Green Renilla luciferase reporter with excellent light intensity.
|Plasmid map of the Thermo Scientific pMCS-Green-Renilla Luc Vector. See the following downloadable files for complete vector and cloning site sequences.
These vectors are subject to a limited use label license.
- Lorenz, W.W., et al. (1991). Isolation and expression of a cDNA encoding Renilla reniformis luciferase. Proc. Natl. Acad. Sci. USA, 88:4438-4442.
Review of Luciferase Reporters
Luciferase Reporter Assay Selection Guide
Renilla Flash, Glow and Dual Luciferase Assay Kits
All Pierce Luciferase Assay Kits and Vectors
Custom Reporter Vector Cloning Service