The Thermo Scientific pMCS-Gaussia-Dura Luc Vector is a multiple cloning site plasmid designed to accept a promoter sequence for glow-analysis of gene regulation using the naturally secreting Gaussia luciferase reporter.
The Gaussia Dura Luc Vectors contains a mutant form of the Gaussia luciferase gene that confers better bioluminescent signal stability than native luciferase. Gaussia-Dura luciferase (approx. 20kDa) is a secreted protein, which enables measurement of the reporter activity in media (for real-time assays) and in cell lysates. The pMCS vector contains a multiple cloning site for cloning a promoter to study its regulatory potential. The pCMV and pTK vectors have the luciferase gene under the CMV (Cytomegalovirus) promoter and Herpes Simplex Virus (HSV) thymidine kinase (TK) promoter, respectively. These constitutive expression vectors can be used as normalization controls to account for experimental variation in combination with other reporters.
- Naturally-secreting Gaussia-Dura luciferase gene, optimized for high expression and glow-stability in mammalian systems
- Multiple cloning site (MCS) provides versatility for transfer of regulatory elements from one plasmid to another
- Transcription termination site (Ter), Lac operator (Lac O1), and transcriptional pause site (TPS) used to minimize background by reducing transcriptional read-through
- Both puromycin (Pur) and ampicillin (Amp) markers for drug selection in mammalian and bacterial cells, respectively
- High-copy pUC bacterial DNA replication origin
- Two control vectors available with strong (CMV) or weak (TK) constitutive promoters for co-transfection and normalization
The pMCS-, pCMV- and pTK-Gaussia-Dura Luc Vectors encode the Gaussia-Dura luciferase reporter with excellent light intensity.
|Plasmid map of the Thermo Scientific pMCS-Gaussia-Dura Luc Vector. See the following downloadable files for complete vector and cloning site sequences.
These vectors are subject to a limited use label license.
- Tannous, B. A., et al. (2005). Codon-optimized Gaussia luciferase cDNA for mammalian gene expression in culture and in vivo. Molecular Therapy 11:435-443.
Review of Luciferase Reporters
Luciferase Reporter Assay Selection Guide
Gaussia Luciferase Glow Assay Kit
pMCS-Gaussia Luc Vector, Flash and Dual Assay Kits
All Pierce Luciferase Assay Kits and Vectors
Custom Reporter Vector Cloning Service