Thermo Scientific Pierce Fluoraldehyde OPA Reagent is a ready-to-use solution of o-phthalaldehyde, a fluorescent derivatization reagent for peptide or amino acid detection and quantitation in HPLC.
Fluoraldehyde Reagent Solution contains OPA (o-phthalaldehyde), which reacts with primary amines of amino acids, peptide and proteins to enable fluorescent detection and quantitation. The reagent that can be used as a protein or peptide assay reagent or as a pre- or post-column detection reagent for amino acid analysis (HPLC). Reaction of OPA with proteins and peptides yields linear results over a wide range of concentrations. The Fluoraldehyde Reagent Solution is supplied ready to use and enables fast quantitation of proteins or peptides in solution.
- For pre- or post-column amino acid derivatization for fluorescent detection and quantitation
- Reacts with all primary amine-containing analytes to yield fluorescent isoindole derivatives
- Provides an accurate measure of both composition and absolute protein-peptide content
- Ideal for work with recombinant proteins and synthetic peptides
- Can be used for fluorescent protein or peptide assay
- Pre-column derivatization mixtures can be injected into LC without any processing
- Formulation: 0.8mg/mL o-phthalaldehyde (OPA) in proprietary buffer, pH 10
- Form: Clear, colorless to slightly yellow liquid
- Reactive toward: Primary amines (–NH2)
- Detection: Fluorescence (excitation/emission = 340nm/455nm)
- Application: Pre- or post-column derivatization for detection by HPLC
||Chemical structure of ortho-phthalaldehyde (OPA).Thermo Scientific Fluoraldehyde Reagent is a ready-to-use solution of 0.8mg/mL o-phthalaldehyde (OPA) in proprietary buffer, pH 10. Crystalline OPA is also available (Part No. 26015).
|Phthaldehyde (OPA) derivatization reaction. The rapid OPA-amine reaction in the presence of 2-mercaptoethanol yields an intense blue fluorescent product that has maximum excitation and emission wavelengths of 340 and 455nm, respectively. Thermo Scientific Fluoraldehyde Reagent is a ready-to-use solution that contains OPA and 2-ME.
|Excellent linearity and high sensitivity with ortho-phthalaldehyde (OPA) derivatization. Experiment with Thermo Scientific Fluoraldehyde Reagent Solution shows excellent linear response, whether in the 2500 or 200 picomole range.
|Outstanding shelf life. Comparison of fluorescence response of selected amino acids after reaction with new and one-year-old Fluoraldehyde Reagent Solutions. Peak height and quality are nearly as good with the older solution.
- Lindroth, P. and Mopper, K. (1979). Anal. Chem. 51, 1667-1674.
- Lee, K.S. and Drescher, D.G. (1979). J. Biol. Chem. 254, 6248-6251.
- van Eijk, H.M.H., et al. (1988). Clin. Chem. 34, 2510-2513.
- Graser, T.A., et al. (1985). Anal. Biochem. 151, 142-152.
- Godel, H., et al. (1984). J. Chrom. 297, 49-61.
- Sista, H.S. (1986). J. Chrom. 359, 231-240.
- Cooper, J.D.H., et al. (1984). Anal. Biochem. 142, 98-102.
- Krishnamurti, C.R., et al. (1984). J. Chrom. 315, 321-331.
- Jones, B.N., et al. (1983). J. Chrom. 266, 471-482.
- Lee, H., et al. (1979). Anal. Biochem. 96, 298-307.
- Chen, R.F., et al. (1979). Biochem. Biophys. Acta. 576, 440-455.
- Jones, B.N., et al. (1981). J. Liq. Chrom. 4, 565-586.
- Benson, J.R. and Woo, D.J. (1984). J. Chromatogr. Sci. 22, 386-399.
- Krause, R.J., et al. (2002). Drug Metab. Dispos. 30, 1137.
- Atkinson, B.N., et al. (2001). Mol. Pharmacol. 60: 1414.