Thermo Scientific DyLight 755 Sulfhydryl-Reactive Dye is a maleimide-activated derivative of high-performance DyLight 755 used to fluorescently label sulfhydryl-containing peptides, proteins and other biomolecular probes.
DyLight 755 is a near-IR fluor that is invisible to the naked eye but increases the staining options when using infrared imaging systems. DyLight 755 has spectral properties that are very similar to other near-IR dyes, including Alexa Fluor™ 750. The high water solubility of DyLight Fluors means that a high dye-to-protein ratio can be attained without causing precipitation of the conjugates.
- High performance – DyLight 755 replaces Alexa Fluor 755 for near-infrared staining
- Specific – maleimide-activated dye labels proteins and other molecules at reduced sulfhydryls (-SH)
- Efficient labeling methods – well-characterized chemistry and optimized protocols provide for reliable, high-quality labeling
- Optimized antibody labeling procedure –complete protocol for IgG reduction and labeling and calculating the labeling efficiency
- Antibody labeling for immunofluorescence applications, including immunocytochemistry (ICC), immunohistochemistry (IHC), Western blotting and ELISA assay
- Target macromolecule labeling for in vitro and in vivo fluorescent detection strategies
||Infrared Western blot detection of ERK1 using DyLight 755-conjugated secondary antibody. Serial dilutions of A562 cell lysates were analyzed by Western blotting for levels of ERK1 using a mouse anti-ERK1 primary antibody and a goat anti-mouse secondary antibody conjugated to DyLight 755 (using the DyLight 755 Microscale Antibody Labeling Kit). Left lane: Infrared molecular weight marker.
DyLight 755 Sulfhydryl-Reactive Dye is activated with a maleic acid imide (maleimide) moiety to form a reactive alkylation reagent. Labeling occurs through reaction of the maleimide-activated dye with reduced sulfhydryl groups (-SH) to form stable thioether bonds. Maleimides are specific for sulfhydryl groups between pH 6.5-7.5. Learn more about maleimide chemistry.
DyLight 755 Fluorophore Overview Page
Complete DyLight Fluor Product Guide
All DyLight Labeling Reagents and Kits
All Fluorescent Labeling Reagents and Kits
DyLight Fluor Secondary Antibody Conjugates
DyLight Fluor Streptavidin and NeutrAvidin Conjugates
Fluorescent Protein Stains