Thermo Scientific DyLight 680-4xPEG Sulfhydryl-Reactive Dye is a maleimide-activated derivative of our high-performance DyLight 680 Dye used to fluorescently label cysteine-containing peptides, proteins or other biomolecular probes.
The DyLight 680-4xPEG Dye contains 4 polyethylene glycol (PEG) chains that are non-toxic, enhance fluorescence and reduce nonspecific binding of conjugates made with them. Conjugates made with DyLight 680-4xPEG Dye can be used as molecular probes for cellular imaging and other fluorescence detection methods. The far-red to NIR fluorescence properties of DyLight 680-4xPEG Dye make it especially useful in a variety of biological, chemical, and pharmaceutical applications, including in vivo imaging. The PEG chains also improve solubility of the dyes and labeled molecules in aqueous solution, aid in cell permeability and improve tissue retention.
- High fluorescence intensity – significantly brighter fluorescence than Alexa Fluor™ 680
- PEGylated – improves solubility in aqueous solution, aids in cell permeability and improves tissue retention in in vivo applications
- Convenient kit sizes – standard and microscale kit sizes to match your experimental needs
- Specific – maleimide-activated dye labels proteins and other molecules at reduced sulfhydryls (-SH)
- Fluorescence microscopy
- In vivo or ex vivo imaging
- Cell-based assays
- Flow cytometry/fluorescence-activated cell sorting (FACS)
DyLight 680-4xPEG Sulfhydryl-Reactive Dye is activated with a maleic acid imide (maleimide) moiety to form a reactive alkylation reagent. Labeling occurs through reaction of the maleimide-activated dye with reduced sulfhydryl groups (-SH) to form stable thioether bonds. Maleimides are specific for sulfhydryl groups between pH 6.5-7.5. Learn more about maleimide chemistry. To see fluorescence performance data for DyLight 680-4xPEG-labeled probes, see the page for the amine-reactive variety.
DyLight 680 Fluorophore Overview Page
Complete DyLight Fluor Product Guide
DyLight 680 Sulfhydryl-Reactive Dye (not PEGylated)
DyLight 755 and 800 Dyes and Kits
Far-red and NIR DyLight Specialty Dyes
Dye Removal Columns
Pierce Immunostain Enhancer