Thermo Scientific DyLight 650-4xPEG Sulfhydryl-Reactive Dye is a maleimide-activated derivative of our high-performance DyLight 650 Dye used to fluorescently label cysteine-containing peptides, proteins or other biomolecular probes.
The DyLight 650-4xPEG Dye contains 4 polyethylene glycol (PEG) chains that are non-toxic, enhance fluorescence and reduce nonspecific binding of conjugates made with them. Conjugates made with DyLight 650-4xPEG Dye can be used as molecular probes for cellular and in vivo imaging, flow cytometry, IHC and other fluorescence detection methods.The PEG chains also improve solubility of the dyes and labeled molecules in aqueous solution, aid in cell permeability and improve tissue retention.
- High fluorescence intensity – significantly brighter fluorescence than Alexa Fluor™ 647
- PEGylated – improves solubility in aqueous solution and aids in cell permeability
- Specific – maleimide-activated dye labels proteins and other molecules at reduced sulfhydryls (-SH)
- Fluorescence microscopy
- In vivo or ex vivo imaging
- Cell-based assays
- Flow cytometry/fluorescence-activated cell sorting (FACS)
DyLight 650-4xPEG Sulfhydryl-Reactive Dye is activated with a maleic acid imide (maleimide) moiety to form a reactive alkylation reagent. Labeling occurs through reaction of the maleimide-activated dye with reduced sulfhydryl groups (-SH) to form stable thioether bonds. Maleimides are specific for sulfhydryl groups between pH 6.5-7.5. Learn more about maleimide chemistry.
DyLight 650 Fluorophore Overview Page
Complete DyLight Fluor Product Guide
DyLight 650 Sulfhydryl-Reactive Dye (not PEGylated)
Dye Removal Columns
Pierce Immunostain Enhancer