Thermo Scientific DyLight 488 Sulfhydryl-Reactive Dye is a maleimide-activated derivative of high-performance DyLight 488 used to fluorescently label sulfhydryl-containing peptides, proteins and other biomolecular probes.
DyLight 488 has high fluorescence intensity over a broad pH range (pH 4-9) and is more photostable than Cy2™ dye, Alexa Fluor™ 488, FITC and LI-COR™ dyes in many applications. The high water solubility of DyLight Fluors allows a high dye-to-protein ratio to be achieved without causing precipitation of the conjugates.
- High performance – DyLight 488 shows brighter fluorescence than Alexa Fluor 488, FITC and Cy2 dye
- Specific – maleimide-activated dye labels proteins and other molecules at reduced sulfhydryls (-SH)
- Efficient labeling methods – well-characterized chemistry and optimized protocols provide for reliable, high-quality labeling
- Optimized antibody labeling procedure –complete protocol for IgG reduction and labeling and calculating the labeling efficiency
- Antibody labeling for immunofluorescence applications, including immunocytochemistry (ICC), immunohistochemistry (IHC), Western blotting and ELISA assay
- Target macromolecule labeling for in vitro and in vivo fluorescent detection strategies
DyLight 488 Sulfhydryl-Reactive Dye is activated with a maleic acid imide (maleimide) moiety to form a reactive alkylation reagent. Labeling occurs through reaction of the maleimide-activated dye with reduced sulfhydryl groups (-SH) to form stable thioether bonds. Maleimides are specific for sulfhydryl groups between pH 6.5-7.5. Learn more about maleimide chemistry.
DyLight 488 Fluorophore Overview Page
Complete DyLight Fluor Product Guide
All Fluorescent Labeling Reagents and Kits
DyLight Fluor Secondary Antibody Conjugates
DyLight Fluor Streptavidin and NeutrAvidin Conjugates
Krypton Fluorescent Protein Stains