Thermo Scientific DyLight 405 Sulfhydryl-Reactive Dye is a maleimide-activated derivative of high-performance DyLight 405 used to fluorescently label sulfhydryl-containing peptides, proteins and other biomolecular probes.
DyLight 405 has high fluorescence intensity over a broad pH range (pH 4-9) and is more photostable than Alexa Fluor™ 405, Cascade™ Blue and AMCA dyes in many applications. The high water solubility of DyLight Fluors means that a high dye-to-protein ratio can be attained without causing precipitation of the conjugates.
- High performance – DyLight 405 shows brighter fluorescence than Alexa Fluor 405, Cascade Blue and AMCA
- Specific – maleimide-activated dye labels proteins and other molecules at reduced sulfhydryls (-SH)
- Efficient labeling methods – well-characterized chemistry and optimized protocols provide for reliable, high-quality labeling
- Optimized antibody labeling procedure –complete protocol for IgG reduction and labeling and calculating the labeling efficiency
- Antibody labeling for immunofluorescence applications, including immunocytochemistry (ICC), immunohistochemistry (IHC), Western blotting and ELISA assay
- Target macromolecule labeling for in vitro and in vivo fluorescent detection strategies
DyLight 405 Sulfhydryl-Reactive Dye is activated with a maleic acid imide (maleimide) moiety to form a reactive alkylation reagent. Labeling occurs through reaction of the maleimide-activated dye with reduced sulfhydryl groups (-SH) to form stable thioether bonds. Maleimides are specific for sulfhydryl groups between pH 6.5-7.5. Learn more about maleimide chemistry.
DyLight 405 Fluorophore Overview Page
Complete DyLight Fluor Product Guide
All Fluorescent Labeling Reagents and Kits
DyLight Fluor Secondary Antibody Conjugates
DyLight Fluor Streptavidin and NeutrAvidin Conjugates
Krypton Fluorescent Protein Stains