Thermo Scientific Pierce DST, also called disuccinimidyl tartrate, is a water-soluble crosslinker that contains amine-reactive NHS ester ends around a 4-atom spacer arm, whose central diol can be cleaved by periodate oxidation.
- Reactive groups: NHS ester (both ends)
- Reactive towards: amino groups (primary amines)
- Soluble in water, DMSO or DMF at a concentration of ~10mM (3mg/mL)
- Cleavable by sodium meta-periodate (Part No. 20504)
- Ideal for applications in which crosslink cleavability is desired without disturbing protein disulfide bonds
|Chemical structure of DST crosslinking reagent.
- Farries, T.C. and Atkinson, J.P. (1989). Biosynthesis of properdin. J. Immunol. 142, 842-847.
- Park, L.S., Friend, D., Gillis, S. and Urdal, D.L. (1986). Characterization of the cell surface receptor for a multi-lineage colony-stimulating factor (CSF-2 ). J. Biol. Chem. 261, 205-210.
Crosslinker Application Guide -- search for recent literature references for this product
Overview of crosslinking
Chemistry of crosslinking
Crosslinkers at a glance (selection guide)