Thermo Scientific Pierce Premium Grade DSP is our highest quality formulation of this popular amine-reactive, cleavable crosslinker, specially characterized for applications where product integrity and risk minimization are paramount.
Compared to the standard grade product, Premium Grade DSP provides more clearly defined quality and product support by including (a) increased analytical testing and product characterization, (b) greater batch-specific information and quality assurance review, (c) extensive lot sample retention and (d) change control notification. DSP is dithiobis(succinimidyl propionate), an amine-reactive crosslinker having NHS-ester reactive ends and a cleavable disulfide bond in its spacer arm. DSP contains an amine-reactive N-hydroxysuccinimide (NHS) ester at each end of an 8-carbon spacer arm. NHS esters react with primary amines at pH 7-9 to form stable amide bonds, along with release of the N-hydroxy-succinimide leaving group. Proteins, including antibodies, generally have several primary amines in the side chain of lysine (K) residues and the N-terminus of each polypeptide that are available as targets for NHS-ester crosslinking reagents.
- DSP – a thiol-cleavable, homobifunctional and amine-reactive crosslinking agent
- High quality – identity and purity confirmed by several tests, including quantitative NMR
- Product integrity – enhanced level of testing and characterization compared to standard grade
- Lot retention – ample supply of past lots retained to ensure future process testing
- Change management – Change Control Notification (CCN) service
- Consistent manufacture – batch-specific manufacturing documentation review
- Chemical crosslinking of intracellular proteins prior to cell lysis and immunoprecipitation
- “Fix” protein interactions to allow identification of weak or transient protein interactions
- Fix tissues for immunostaining without damaging RNA
- Protein crosslinking to create bioconjugates via single-step reactions
- Immobilize proteins onto amine-coated surfaces
|Chemical structure of DSP crosslinking reagent. For more complete information about the chemical properties and uses of this reagent, see the product page for standard grade DSP.
Specifications of Premium Grade DSP. We manufacture crosslinking reagents to ensure the highest possible overall product integrity, consistency and performance for the intended research applications.
||Premium Grade Specification
||Greater than 95% by quantitative NMR using an internal standard (the highest standard for crosslinker purity)
||White to off-white powder, free of foreign material
||IR scan shows only peaks characteristic of DSP
||Molecular weight of 404 m/z by mass spectrometry
||Karl Fischer titration, ≤ 2%
||All metals, including lead, ≤ 50 ppm
||Reported values for C, H, N, O, and S
Crosslinker Application Guide -- search for recent literature references for this product
Overview of crosslinking
Chemistry of crosslinking
Premium Grade Reagents – complete menu
DSP (standard grade)
Crosslinkers at a glance (selection guide)