Thermo Scientific Pierce DMS is dimethyl suberimidate, a membrane-permeable crosslinker that contains an amine-reactive imidoester group at each end of an 8-atom spacer arm.
- Reactive groups: imidoester (both ends)
- Reactive towards: amino groups (primary amines)
- Longest of three similar imidoester crosslinkers, which include DMA, DMP and DMS
- Imidoesters react with amines at alkaline pH values (pH 8-10) to form amidine bond
- Amidine bond retains net charge character of protein primary amine to which it reacts
- Reversible at high pH values
- Tool for study of quarternary structure of proteins
|Chemical structure of DMS crosslinking reagent.
- Dihazi, G.H. and Sinz, A. (2003). Rapid Commun. Mass Spectrom. 17, 2005-2014.
- Wang, D. and Moore, S. (1977). 16(13), 2937-2941.
Crosslinker Application Guide -- search for recent literature references for this product
Overview of crosslinking
Chemistry of crosslinking
Fixation strategies and formulations for immunohistochemistry
Crosslinkers at a glance (selection guide)